1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're trying to wash us away,
Louisiana, Louisiana,
They're trying to wash us away......:bawling:

The Mississippi River is lapping at the bottom of the first rise in elevation here in Saint Francisville. The river at this point is about 1 mile from here.

YouTube - LOUISIANA 1927 - AARON NEVILLE

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
We were trying to get rid of you tards since you don't talk right:beer:

Is your place safe from the water?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were trying to get rid of you tards since you don't talk right:beer:

Is your place safe from the water?
You're just pissed cause you stole our lone star flag and everybody found out:thefinger:. Yeah, we're ok. My house sits at 295' above sea level but if the Morganza doesn't work out like they say we could be an island till the middle of june.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Hey that just raises your property value! Waterfront/oceanfront views!!!

Stay safe! They say the critters are really on the move trying to find higher ground, sad. I built homes for ten years and hated to see all the animals uprooted.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I often wonder why people would consider building home so close to a large body of water (lake, river, pond) that when the water rises their home would be devastated. Don't get me started on the people who live BELOW sea level in New Orleans...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wait until the northern Rockies starts sending our snow melt your way via the Yellowstone and Missouri River drainages. We have a ton of snow still to melt. You guys along the Mississippi might be water logged for a while.

·
Registered
841 Posts
We had the flooding about a week ago here in St. Louis. It was pretty bad. Good luck you guys downstream. Roll those pantlegs up high...

On an upside, it is a lot of fun driving the jeep in still floodwater. From what i heard.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I heard Obama is going to order the National Guard to dump a 100,000 gallons of bubble bath into the river. It's all part of his plan to wash you folks up a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Hope y'all stay dry, Alan. bet you can getcha plenty of mud-bugs to ball. :beer:

·
Registered
10,317 Posts
not to get political, but is it true that obama is refusing to recognize that you guys have a state of emergency?

hope you guys don't get hit too bad man!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
not to get political, but is it true that obama is refusing to recognize that you guys have a state of emergency?

I think you are right. I read a report that Obama was quoted as saying, "Fuck those biatches!"

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

That's what I'm hearing. Did the same to Texas with the wildfire damage. It's not unlike what's he's doing with his list of government contractors. It depends on if the state supported him in the election or if it has a repub. governor. I think he'll change his mind. A good percentage of Louisiana crawfish come from the Atchafalaya Basin and floodplain. There's also thousands of acres of farmland that's getting trashed, not to mention not to mention the seafood industry that will suffer from all the fresh water pouring into the gulf and the flooding of major estuaries. But, it's like what was said above. It's mother nature's annual douche but she used more douche bags this year. Some of those guys on Swamp People have probably evacuated by now.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you are right. I read a report that Obama was quoted as saying, "Fuck those biatches!"
No Sack, actually what he said was, "Fuck them *********:... :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts