JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
One of the first things I did, but I got mine linexed. We had four jeeps go at once so we got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
:hide:Too much louder (esp in rain) and my damn feet get hot. I dislike no carpet! :hide:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I did that over a year ago. Love it, but the paint and sound deadener started wearing. For $120 and a days work The U-pol Raptor Liner was a great project:

·
Registered
911 Posts
That settles it. I'm pulling mine out when I get home!!
My carpets been wet since I got my jeep!! Think it was dry once when it was 103 at superlift!
I was gonna put some dynamat with heat shield under where the floor mats are and then bedline over it.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
i didnt notice much heat difference after i pulled the carpet and lined it but i only had the carpet in for about two weeks

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not the best day to tell. 75 and breezy with the top off. I don't think the noise will be an issue. I'm either soft top or topless. 30 mile commute at 70mph and I didn't notice any heat issues ...per the palm in various places on the tub test.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have found the Jeep to be less noisy with the Raptor liner. I think that even with the factory sound deadener removed, the Raptor liner added a thick coat over the entire tub, which works better than just coating the footwells.

The heat from under the Jeep seems the same. I Raptor lined mine in black, so to the touch it is a little warmer than before (Rescue Green) but not bad at all.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I did mine 2 yrs ago the best thing is taking a hose to the inside to wash it out ! I did it w monsterliner it came out great but....If i had to do it again I would go with raptor spray in.No heat or noise issues I have the thick rubber mats in the front and back and they work great:)

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pulled the rest out today ...definitely thinking bed lining this summer.

Then started pulling things off and prepping for next weeks project ;-)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I take my neighbors on a four wheeling adventure every year. Back in '08 they rented a JK that the vendor had pulled the carpets out of. The interior heat from the catalysts cooking the floors was unbearable for them. We ended up getting a few layers of cardboard so they could put their feet on the floors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.