JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks...it's official! I'm now an AZ wheeler; pulled into town yesterday afternoon. Ftr, I don't recommend hauling a trailer full of shite 1500 miles in a jk on 37's. 10.8mpg and a top speed of 52 going up hills.
So, after getting welcomed to town with a healthy supply of beer, whiskey, and meat, I woke up this morning to the newsman telling people it's going to be hot today and that everyone should stay inside. I'm confused...this is the desert in the summer, isn't it going to be hot every day? Are people not supposed to go back out until October? Seriously ...wth?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Welcome to Arizona, you have to get used to it. Drink lots of water and wear sunscreen. You will see how small the trail in on the 16th.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Welcome to AZ, just in time to sweat your balls off and get turned into a lobster! :beer:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Arizona, you have to get used to it. Drink lots of water and wear sunscreen. You will see how small the trail in on the 16th.
It's like Sadr city without Adhan.. I don't really mind it so much.is it okay if I add a little whiskey in with my water? I brought my dance card and left a spot open for you sugar plum, I just hope I don't get my jeep too dirty.:th_pray:
Welcome to AZ, just in time to sweat your balls off and get turned into a lobster! :beer:
And here I thought it wouldn't be this hot for another month or so, damnit. I'll try to limit my sun exposure to 15 minute increments until a get turkey brown. And apparently, I shouldn't go hiking.

Are you guys going to the M&G next weekend?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Possibly, I should be back from Cali by then.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Howdy folks...it's official! I'm now an AZ wheeler; pulled into town yesterday afternoon. Ftr, I don't recommend hauling a trailer full of shite 1500 miles in a jk on 37's. 10.8mpg and a top speed of 52 going up hills.
So, after getting welcomed to town with a healthy supply of beer, whiskey, and meat, I woke up this morning to the newsman telling people it's going to be hot today and that everyone should stay inside. I'm confused...this is the desert in the summer, isn't it going to be hot every day? Are people not supposed to go back out until October? Seriously ...wth?
Some folks don't like to wheel in the heat so it will be slim pickins till the fall as far as runs go. Personally I don't mind. We have A/C and cold water so who gives a shit about the heat. You will see more night runs popping up now and then though so that will be cool. I'm posting a night run up for the end of this week here in Tucson.

·
22,098 Posts
No M&G for me in Phoenix for awhile. I just went to the last one in March with Marcie. :nono:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Possibly, I should be back from Cali by then.
Koo...are you in PHX or down in tuck sonn?
Some folks don't like to wheel in the heat so it will be slim pickins till the fall as far as runs go. Personally I don't mind. We have A/C and cold water so who gives a shit about the heat. You will see more night runs popping up now and then though so that will be cool. I'm posting a night run up for the end of this week here in Tucson.
Not gonna lie, I like your style. How long is the drive from PHX to Tucs?
No M&G for me in Phoenix for awhile. I just went to the last one in March with Marcie. :nono:
I've almost met Marcie like 3x now, I'm starting to believe she's just an avatar :eek:

·
22,098 Posts
Koo...are you in PHX or down in tuck sonn?

Not gonna lie, I like your style. How long is the drive from PHX to Tucs?

I've almost met Marcie like 3x now, I'm starting to believe she's just an avatar :eek:
You are looking at about two hour drive from Fenix to 2Son, depending on what part of Fenix you live in.

Marcy is real, but I don't think she is human though.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Yeah, couple hours from Phoenix but add an hour for the pull from the center of the universe not wanting to let go of you.

Usually takes about 45 mins to an hour to cross Tucson traffic that time of day so plan on it. The Chimney play area is worth the drive. If you are coming down we'll plan on camping out so you don't have to drive home same night. Let us know.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Yep, i'm in Goodyear on the west side of Phoenix. Make sure you bring an inflatable animal of some sort for Jim and Murray when you go down to Tucson. You'll win big points... :thefinger:

·
22,098 Posts
Just looked, there is no fire restrictions in place right now as far as I can find.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep, i'm in Goodyear on the west side of Phoenix. Make sure you bring an inflatable animal of some sort for Jim and Murray when you go down to Tucson. You'll win big points... :thefinger:
Hey Jim, Lisa and I are curious what sounds the inflatable sheep we got you makes?:eek:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Hey Jim, Lisa and I are curious what sounds the inflatable sheep we got you makes?:eek:
Probably "Pop!" and then "Whoosh!"...

·
22,098 Posts
Funny thing is it goes BBBBaaaaaa, oooohhhhh Tony. :thefinger:

·
22,098 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about :laughing:
No human liver should be able to live with the amount of alcohol you abuse it with. :marcy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts