JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first jeep so perhaps its normal, But at about 75 on the interstate the soft top slaps on the passenger side on the speaker bar. The one behind the front seats? Was wondering if this is normal or do i need one of those top props for the 4 doors?. Thanks .:D

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Mine doesn't make a sound on the highway. I'd check the passenger side to make sure it's fastened down properly. Make sure that the plastic u-shaped piece at the end of the crossbar (over your head) is properly seated on top of the frame above the windows. Compare it to the driver's side.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had that in my TJ. The only thing I could figure is that it was due to the fact I ran in pseudo-safari mode and the sail flaps got stretched out. I use a Clover Patch Convert-a-top to prevent that now.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Mine doesn't make a sound on the highway. I'd check the passenger side to make sure it's fastened down properly. Make sure that the plastic u-shaped piece at the end of the crossbar (over your head) is properly seated on top of the frame above the windows. Compare it to the driver's side.
Yes, I would check and make sure everything is fastened down securely...I don't get this at all, with or without the side and rear windows onor off.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, It's with all the windows in and just having the glass front windows down and the back down a bit also. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
The only time I get anything like that is once and awhile when a Large semi gos by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts