JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought my JK with a Teraflex lift on it, I've noticed that the back isn't as high as back. It hasn't got worse, but it just sags some. Is this normal? What should I look for and what should I do? It's not drastic, but just wanted your thoughts

Thanks

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Hey guys I bought my JK with a Teraflex lift on it, I've noticed that the back isn't as high as back. It hasn't got worse, but it just sags some. Is this normal? What should I look for and what should I do? It's not drastic, but just wanted your thoughts

Thanks
Hey Lt. P

Please explain what "I've noticed that the back isn't as high as back" means....

Do you mean that the back isn't as high as front ??? Pic's would be helpful here

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Ya, pics.

Springs do settle/sag etc....

Fairly common, you can throw some spacers in there to make up for it. If they are bowed you can add the correction wedges.

Easy to fix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man,am I dumb! Yes I meant the back is sitting lower than the front! These spaces you are speaking of where do I find them and how much do they cost? You guys are great...thanks for all the info. I do all this stuff from my phone...so posting pics is a little hard for me right now. I will train myself on the posting. Thanks again!

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can get the spacers at just about any 4x4 distributor, of check out TERAFLEX.BIZ, they carry them. You would be looking at not too much more than a 1" spacer, I wouldn't think. Price will be under $99.00.
Easy to install, just unbolt the bottom of the shock and the Track Bar and jack up the body. Drop out the spring and insert the spacers and reverse steps to put it back.
Should take you less than 1 hour.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You could buy better springs :beer::beer: I didn't have an issue with my rock krawler springs sagging even with snow chains and a full bumper and spare in the back....

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
How much lift is on it? If it is a puck lift, it could just be the stock springs giving up the ghost. If it is a coil lift, it could be the rear springs bowing out in the back a little. Rock Krawler makes a pitch correction wedge that can help fix this issue, as do others i'm sure.

Best thing is to get under there and see what the spring are doing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You said that you bought it with a lift kit on it. I'm thinking the PO got overzealous with a leveling kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts