JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follow a JK Dagger Stinger cut from a sheet of 4 x 8 steel, through fabrication, and all the way to the shipping department. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and let us know what you think!

JcrOffroad - The Rise of a JCR Bumper - YouTube

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm excited to get my dagger prerunner bumper (any day now), but I hope OSHA doesn't see this video... handling bare metal without gloves, grinding without a face shield. I'd be run off the jobsite if I did that.

How many bumpers can a guy produce a day?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I'm excited to get my dagger prerunner bumper (any day now), but I hope OSHA doesn't see this video... handling bare metal without gloves, grinding without a face shield. I'd be run off the jobsite if I did that.

How many bumpers can a guy produce a day?
The Epsilon machine they're using is a High Definition cutter, which means that the edges are clean and won't cut you, the guy flap disc finishing the bumper is wearing clear safety glasses the whole time. :beer: :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Epsilon machine they're using is a High Definition cutter, which means that the edges are clean and won't cut you, the guy flap disc finishing the bumper is wearing clear safety glasses the whole time. :beer: :D
I work in energy (power plants), our rules are probably a bit draconian since it's so high profile as far as OSHA goes. We have to double up (glasses and faceshield) when grinding. Gloves are worn pretty much doing everything. A whole lot of other BS as well. But I'm not complaining... it pays well and supports my Jeep habit.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I work in energy (power plants), our rules are probably a bit draconian since it's so high profile as far as OSHA goes. We have to double up (glasses and faceshield) when grinding. Gloves are worn pretty much doing everything. A whole lot of other BS as well. But I'm not complaining... it pays well and supports my Jeep habit.
Draconian or not, safety is important. Someone just posted a picture on my Facebook feed a week ago of a guy with half of a 6" grinding disc stuck in his cheek. I grind with a full face shield and glasses, 20 dollars is a good investment to keep my beautiful face in tact.

JCR - Do you have more footage of the Epsilon in action, that machine is sooo nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts