JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rim:August JKO Campout

Hey guys just posting our August Adventure! I have not selected a trail, I will research and find one. I just wanted to make sure everyone has a place to camp, so I posted this up a few months early. Any questions or suggestions post up!

Directions for campout

When:August 14,15,16 (Leave town 6pm Friday-Arrive 9pm-Camp through Sunday)

Where:Meet at 260/Rim rd 300

Time:9am August 15th

Trails:Aripine Power Line

Rating:2.5-3.0

Source:AZBC.ORG

Description:7 to 8 miles of fun with some 3 rated obstructions. The trail follows the power line from near Overgaard to Aripine road with lots of up and down hills. This trail is a 4+ with snow on the ground. There are a few play areas such as Push's Bowl, a dry tank most of the year. Most of the difficult hills have by-passes for stock vehicles. Trail can be driven by stock vehicle with care. At Aripine road you can turn left and drive through Aripine and back to SR 260.

Directions:In Overgaard, coming from Heber, turn left on Mogollon Dr., go a mile or so and turn right on Chevelon Dr. At end where road turns right, go left on dirt road. Go over hill and take next right to power line trail. When you hit power line go back to the right.

Where:The Rim

Camp spot:106 reserved for me!

Camping:Aspen Camp ground near woods Canyon Lake

Reserve now 20 spaces left!

Aspen Camp Ground:Make Reservations Here

Requirements:32" tires rear traction device

Any questions? Post up!

Suggested items to bring

WATER! WATER! WATER!
Hats
Tools
Tow strap
Bug spray
Fire extingisher
First aid kit
Camping gear tents

PM if Attending

Attending:

Jdemonto
bmweight
Jdrogers

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about camping on our own away from community campsites. The area has plenty of places to camp away from the crowds.
You can camp where you like, I like camping in the campground and thought it would be cool to have all the jeep guys together in one group. Otherwise I would have planned the trip for July.;)

Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Rim

Jason,

I'm new to the forum but would be interested in attending. I live in Phoenix and get to the rim often to ride quads but haven't had my JK out wheeling. Let me know if you still have room in the group!

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason,

I'm new to the forum but would be interested in attending. I live in Phoenix and get to the rim often to ride quads but haven't had my JK out wheeling. Let me know if you still have room in the group!

Thanks,

Brian
Yes there is room, if camping you need to reserve a spot

Jason

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys I added a trail to our campout, I have always wanted to do this one stock jeeps with 32's should be fine.

Where:Meet at 260/Rim rd 300

Time:9am August 15th

Trails:Aripine Power Line

Rating:2.5-3.0

Source:AZBC.ORG

Description:7 to 8 miles of fun with some 3 rated obstructions. The trail follows the power line from near Overgaard to Aripine road with lots of up and down hills. This trail is a 4+ with snow on the ground. There are a few play areas such as Push's Bowl, a dry tank most of the year. Most of the difficult hills have by-passes for stock vehicles. Trail can be driven by stock vehicle with care. At Aripine road you can turn left and drive through Aripine and back to SR 260.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, just reserve your spot check post 1

Looks like 21 spaces left!

Jason
I didn't pay attention to the hyperlink to the park :shaking: Reserved #103. I love me some camping a wheelin! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some :beer: around the campfire

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't pay attention to the hyperlink to the park :shaking: Reserved #103. I love me some camping a wheelin! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some :beer: around the campfire
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Jd

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm making the trip out there that Friday, late afternoonish. It's a 4 hr drive for me from Tucson so I'll be more than ready to get my :beer: on
Yeah this trip is about hanging out drinking and of coarse a little jeeping.:beer:

Jason

·
Registered
666 Posts
The excitement has died off in here....BACK TO THE TOP :bounce:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts