JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I didn't see this answered (sorry if I missed it).

Please confirm or deny at your earliest convenience.

The answer may have . . . budgetary impact :laughing:
We have not tried to do the manuals yet, I do know that California does not like Manual Transmissions. I will try after we get the 2012-2018 Jeep JKs done. Who knows it might happen.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
We have not tried to do the manuals yet, I do know that California does not like Manual Transmissions. I will try after we get the 2012-2018 Jeep JKs done. Who knows it might happen.
Thanks for you r work on this. Glad you're doing it.

What issue does the state take with manual transmissions that they do not take with auto? Gear ratio mismatches? Or is it a problem finding a suitable donor vehicle to maintain compliance? Other?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for you r work on this. Glad you're doing it.

What issue does the state take with manual transmissions that they do not take with auto? Gear ratio mismatches? Or is it a problem finding a suitable donor vehicle to maintain compliance? Other?
I know one thing is that the California Referee does not like it and their is no Donor for that, so we will have to put together a setup using the Getrag 238 transmission and the 5.7L VVT Hemi. I would like to do a 6.4L one day. Just testing the waters and now knowing what i know, I'm just going to keep testing.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP

We are changing how engine conversions are done, taking the mystery out of the conversion world. Like the wiring, we are now having Jeep build our wiring with the right wiring colors for the Dodge Ram 2009 1500 truck and the computer is a stock computer also the the 2009 Dodge Ram truck. This is what we use in our new CARB LEGAL CONVERSION, so if you have a problem you can fix it, just has easy as if your Jeep was stock with the 3.8L. Because i do not own your Jeep and you should be-able to repair your Jeep anywhere with or with out me. Just like if you bought this from Jeep. I hear this at times, what if my Jeep brakes down, how do i fix it well it would be just like if you had a 3.8L. Keeping your Jeep all Mopar makes it easier to understand the systems and how it works, I'm not saying the Jeep JK is easy to work on, but I'm saying that your Jeep is talking the same language.

·
Registered
359 Posts
We are changing how engine conversions are done, taking the mystery out of the conversion world. Like the wiring, we are now having Jeep build our wiring with the right wiring colors for the Dodge Ram 2009 1500 truck and the computer is a stock computer also the the 2009 Dodge Ram truck. This is what we use in our new CARB LEGAL CONVERSION, so if you have a problem you can fix it, just has easy as if your Jeep was stock with the 3.8L. Because i do not own your Jeep and you should be-able to repair your Jeep anywhere with or with out me. Just like if you bought this from Jeep. I hear this at times, what if my Jeep brakes down, how do i fix it well it would be just like if you had a 3.8L. Keeping your Jeep all Mopar makes it easier to understand the systems and how it works, I'm not saying the Jeep JK is easy to work on, but I'm saying that your Jeep is talking the same language.
I sent an email a couple weeks ago but did not get a reply.
if I purchased a "Smog legal" kit from you in the past can I get a sticker if I have mopar cats?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I sent an email a couple weeks ago but did not get a reply.
if I purchased a "Smog legal" kit from you in the past can I get a sticker if I have mopar cats?
I did not get your email, Did you Buy a VVT Truck Hemi Kit. We just got our CARB Legal Hemi swap passed, so our old kits, needed to go threw the Referee Program in California. If you are out of state, you should be good.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did not get your email, Did you Buy a VVT Truck Hemi Kit. We just got our CARB Legal Hemi swap passed, so our old kits, needed to go threw the Referee Program in California. If you are out of state, you should be good.
No, I bought a "smog legal"" kit for a grand cherokee. It failed miserably at the CA ref for the computer VIN and programming. Now I can't register my jeep in CA. Do the new kits come with different programming than what I received? How can I make my "smog legal" kit be.. you know... smog legal?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No, I bought a "smog legal"" kit for a grand cherokee. It failed miserably at the CA ref for the computer VIN and programming. Now I can't register my jeep in CA. Do the new kits come with different programming than what I received? How can I make my "smog legal" kit be.. you know... smog legal?
When did you try and do this? I no we did not sell you Catalytic Convertors. If you tried in 2017, you would need to go to the Jeep Dealer to have the computer check out (as per the Referee) Going threw the Referee process now in 2017-2018 is way harder. This is why we did the CARB Legal kits.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We did it, the first CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP, we are all Legal and we do it right. We are the only shop that can say that our swap is all Legal and done right, our kit is certified with the Air Resource Board.
That is great news Todd! Now can we work on getting my Cruise working on my 2011 Gen4 truck Hemi swap that I bought from you? It has only been over a year...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That is great news Todd! Now can we work on getting my Cruise working on my 2011 Gen4 truck Hemi swap that I bought from you? It has only been over a year...
I should have them any day

·
Registered
105 Posts
What are the current PCM in the 5.7VVT conversions? Are they running some sort of custom program? Will the stock 2009 PCM work with any year VVT 5.7L? IE I have a 2013 5.7l Truck motor? Will that allow the dealerships to upgrade the PCM code if there is a TSB that affects the current programing?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What are the current PCM in the 5.7VVT conversions? Are they running some sort of custom program? Will the stock 2009 PCM work with any year VVT 5.7L? IE I have a 2013 5.7l Truck motor? Will that allow the dealerships to upgrade the PCM code if there is a TSB that affects the current programing?
We use to computers one for the 545RFE trans and one for the 65RFE trans, the 2009 computer will work the engine from 2009-2018, but it will only work the 545RFE trans 2005-2010. They should not need to update the computer, the trick is that the computer has a Jeep VIN. Their should not need any updates, most of the updates are for emissions anyway. We have a computer we use in our CARB Legal kits that is approved and has the latest updates.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We use to computers one for the 545RFE trans and one for the 65RFE trans, the 2009 computer will work the engine from 2009-2018, but it will only work the 545RFE trans 2005-2010. They should not need to update the computer, the trick is that the computer has a Jeep VIN. Their should not need any updates, most of the updates are for emissions anyway. We have a computer we use in our CARB Legal kits that is approved and has the latest updates.
My current kit from you seems to work with the 645RFE, as that is what I am using.

·
Registered
359 Posts
When did you try and do this? I no we did not sell you Catalytic Convertors. If you tried in 2017, you would need to go to the Jeep Dealer to have the computer check out (as per the Referee) Going threw the Referee process now in 2017-2018 is way harder. This is why we did the CARB Legal kits.
Lets try again.
I bought a "smog legal" kit from you.
just like the poster above, my 2011 cruise control doesn't work and you have been telling me that I'll get the parts "any day now" for almost 4 years.
My kit was advertised and sold as smog legal. I took it to the ref and its not even remotely close. its not the cats because they are OEM, it's the parts you sold me. (or bought from hotwire and resold me)
You probably remember that I didn't buy cats because I cancelled the exhaust order from you after I didn't receive it for months and i took it to an exhaust shop. Then it took months to get a refund for the exhaust from you.
So I still have a jeep that doesn't pass smog in CA even though you assured me that it would when I bought the kit. My AC never worked either and after a couple of summers without it I went and had custom lines made.
I only want what I bought. a CA legal hemi swap kit. In January it will have been 4 years that I have been asking this same thing.

I wouldn't post it all here but this seems to be the only way you will respond...

Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:36 AM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
any news on the cruise switch?
any eta at all?

[email protected]
Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:03 PM
to me

Getting the proto type done now, so i do not have to build them one at time, it takes me to long.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:05 PM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
I still need a cruise control switch. Do you have any?
thanks,

On Oct 22, 2015, at 7:02 AM,
>
> Hi Todd,
> I'm still waiting on an A/C line and for my cruise control to work. It sure was hot in the desert last weekend with no AC.
> Also,
> I am going to need to smog my jeep next year.
> thanks,
> Chris

Apr 5, 2016, 7:10 AM
to Todd

Todd,
I am still waiting on the switch to make my cruise control work.
also, what air cleaner do you use to go to the smog ref?
Thanks,

Mon, Jul 16, 12:53 PM
to jeepspeedshop.com

Hi Todd,
can I get an EO sticker for the kit I bought? it has stock MOPAR cats in the stock location. smog ref didnt have a problem with them but failed me because the computer has the V6 VIN.
thanks,
Chris

no reply....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Lets try again.
I bought a "smog legal" kit from you.
just like the poster above, my 2011 cruise control doesn't work and you have been telling me that I'll get the parts "any day now" for almost 4 years.
My kit was advertised and sold as smog legal. I took it to the ref and its not even remotely close. its not the cats because they are OEM, it's the parts you sold me. (or bought from hotwire and resold me)
You probably remember that I didn't buy cats because I cancelled the exhaust order from you after I didn't receive it for months and i took it to an exhaust shop. Then it took months to get a refund for the exhaust from you.
So I still have a jeep that doesn't pass smog in CA even though you assured me that it would when I bought the kit. My AC never worked either and after a couple of summers without it I went and had custom lines made.
I only want what I bought. a CA legal hemi swap kit. In January it will have been 4 years that I have been asking this same thing.

I wouldn't post it all here but this seems to be the only way you will respond...

Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:36 AM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
any news on the cruise switch?
any eta at all?

[email protected]
Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:03 PM
to me

Getting the proto type done now, so i do not have to build them one at time, it takes me to long.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:05 PM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
I still need a cruise control switch. Do you have any?
thanks,

On Oct 22, 2015, at 7:02 AM,
>
> Hi Todd,
> I'm still waiting on an A/C line and for my cruise control to work. It sure was hot in the desert last weekend with no AC.
> Also,
> I am going to need to smog my jeep next year.
> thanks,
> Chris

Apr 5, 2016, 7:10 AM
to Todd

Todd,
I am still waiting on the switch to make my cruise control work.
also, what air cleaner do you use to go to the smog ref?
Thanks,

Mon, Jul 16, 12:53 PM
to jeepspeedshop.com

Hi Todd,
can I get an EO sticker for the kit I bought? it has stock MOPAR cats in the stock location. smog ref didnt have a problem with them but failed me because the computer has the V6 VIN.
thanks,
Chris

no reply....
This is easy, most people get confused. Before we had a CARB Legal kit it was up to you to get it threw smog at the Referee and the only engine that we could get threw was the truck Hemi do to the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle. Now before 2017 it was easier and now the new Gide Lines for 2018 makes it harder. The computer has to have the VIN from the Jeep to make it start and run. The new CARB Legal Hemi kit we have now only works with the VVT Truck Hemi for the 2007-2011 jeeps. We did this because of all of the problems with the Referee confusion and the rule changes, we spent a lot of money and time to get this done right, before the CARB Legal kit we have now it was always up to the owner of the Jeep and now we have the ONLY kit out their and they are number.
I have Cruise switches for the 2011 Jeep now, now the 2011 Jeep is a 1 off Jeep and the only Jeep that needs Cruise switches that have a 3.8L so the 2007-2010 Jeeps do not need Cruise switches.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
This is easy, most people get confused. Before we had a CARB Legal kit it was up to you to get it threw smog at the Referee and the only engine that we could get threw was the truck Hemi do to the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle. Now before 2017 it was easier and now the new Gide Lines for 2018 makes it harder. The computer has to have the VIN from the Jeep to make it start and run. The new CARB Legal Hemi kit we have now only works with the VVT Truck Hemi for the 2007-2011 jeeps. We did this because of all of the problems with the Referee confusion and the rule changes, we spent a lot of money and time to get this done right, before the CARB Legal kit we have now it was always up to the owner of the Jeep and now we have the ONLY kit out their and they are number.
I have Cruise switches for the 2011 Jeep now, now the 2011 Jeep is a 1 off Jeep and the only Jeep that needs Cruise switches that have a 3.8L so the 2007-2010 Jeeps do not need Cruise switches.
PM sent.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Todd, how do I get one of these cruise switches?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
The best Hemi conversion ever

The best thing about putting a Hemi engine in a Jeep is that you keep your Jeep all Mopar, when you bought your Jeep it must have been OK. We are putting more energy in our Hemi swaps and trying to make them easier to install and make the end user more comfortable, if they have any problems what to do. We now have Bolt in engine mounts, so no more welding. We are getting help from Jeep on our wiring.

Our computers are compatible with HPTuners, so you can tune them. Now you are not suppose to modify our CARB legal computer, because if you do it will change the CVN ("Calibration Verification Number") and the computer will not be legal anymore! It is like this with any computer not just our CARB Legal computer.

We are also working on a new Camaro fan setup for V8 swaps and V6 engines, this is a bolt in system with a new fan shroud. So we are not reusing the Camaro fan shroud.

We are working on making our Hemi swap as easy as pulling the 3.8L and putting the 3.8L back, so no cutting of wires NO special BOX and no confusion of what is what.

To me the Hemi is away simpler way to do a V8 swap.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts