JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did it, the first CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP, we are all Legal and we do it right. We are the only shop that can say that our swap is all Legal and done right, our kit is certified with the Air Resource Board.

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,241 Posts
We did it, the first CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP, we are all Legal and we do it right. We are the only shop that can say that our swap is all Legal and done right, our kit is certified with the Air Resource Board.
Does that mean you have a CARB EO #?
No hope for manuals, right? :(

·
Registered
918 Posts
...and that's exactly why I got an Auto. Not because I'm lazy and like to drink coffee in the morning, but because I have maximus superior foresight unlike the mere mortals around me.

:grin2:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP, #1

Does that mean you have a CARB EO #?
Executive Order D-811, this will be up on the Air Resource Website in a week .

Reactions: DJ1

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Makes sense they let the hemi fly.

I'd also be very surprised if a LS swap ever gets the green light in Cali. A powertrain from one manufacture in a vehicle made by another is a battle that can never be won.

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Congratulations on your win!

Makes sense they let the hemi fly.

I'd also be very surprised if a LS swap ever gets the green light in Cali. A powertrain from one manufacture in a vehicle made by another is a battle that can never be won.
You may have a surprise in your future. Stay tuned...…...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations on your win!
Thanks, I think if you buy a Jeep, you might as well keep it all Mopar.

You may have a surprise in your future. Stay tuned...…...
I here that and it is going to be a up hill battle, not easy!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After the swap does the Jeep need to go to a Referee station?
No more Referee, just take it to the local smog shop.

The best thing is your Jeep is all Mopar!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does this mean that those of us that bought the "smog legal" JSS kits in the past will get a sticker?
We would have to make sure that everything is up to date, If you have a Referee sticker you should be good. We have over 500 conversions out their. Some do not have Mopar catalytic convertors and you would need them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ONE OF THE BIGGEST THINGS TO HAPPEN IN THE V8 CONVERSION WORLD

We are on the ARB website.

https://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-811.pdf

This is the biggest thing to ever happen in the v8 conversion world and we did it FIRST! We have a Emissions legal Hemi swap and no one else has gone threw the steps we Have.

People talk about it but we have done it! We have done the extra steps to do it right!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts

We would have to make sure that everything is up to date, If you have a Referee sticker you should be good. We have over 500 conversions out their. Some do not have Mopar catalytic convertors and you would need them.
Todd is there a specific Mopar catalytic converter that you use?

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
I didn't see this answered (sorry if I missed it).

Please confirm or deny at your earliest convenience.

The answer may have . . . budgetary impact :laughing:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its only for models 07-11

bummer
We are working on the 2012 - 2018 jeep JKs, Almost done. We where just seeing if we could do this ( getting a CARB Legal kit ) so we did the 2007-2011 first and this was not easy.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Todd is there a specific Mopar catalytic converter that you use?
Yes the Catalytic Converters for the 1500 Dodge ram Trucks from 2009-2017, it is also placement of the cats and 02 orientation.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts