JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my friend with a TJ (4" on 33's) asked me if I wanted to go up with him. It was my first time. Had a blast! I just have a stock rubicon with the sra's (been on a tight budget and needed new tires) but everything was awesome on the green trails we did. Saw the "O" trail and it said green under it so we went. About 30 mins later Im thinking this isnt like any of the stuff we did and finally came to a hill climb. the TJ took about 10 mins to get up and bashed the sides and bumper. Needless to say we turned around, I needed to drive to work today haha. After we went back through we took a look at the sign and underneath the "O" GREEN was black/red in small writing:pissed: Had a blast and saw some awesome Jeeps. Im definitely hooked now and cant wait to hopefully catch a trail ride with everyone :beer:

Is the "O" trail really that hard or am I just being a sissy LOL?

pics to follow

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Unless you went on the optional lines that are black/red on O then its a green trail. You would know if you did as the optional lines are a rock/boulder field. Lol.

There are some washed out greens up at RC now with all the sudden hard down pours. Maybe just a washed out green.

Sent via Telegraph.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Here is the Entrance to the optional section on O.

I think there is another on to the optional section from C but that one is clearly marked Black/Red

Sent via Telegraph.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the sra's arent too much fun lol

I think we took the optional line by mistake after that we I was in charge of the map :grinpimp: I wasnt leading and honestly just glanced and saw green and thought ok

At the end of the boulder section theres a steep rutted hill climb correct? Thats where I had enough

Ill have pics up tonight when I get off. It was a great trip though Im hoping to make it back often

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Heres another pic of the optional. Im sure ive got a bunch more if youre interested.

Sent via Telegraph.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Brain teaser - does anyone on here know how the "O" trail got its name?

Answer to follow...

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
LOL, nice find.

It dates back to the times before Bruce opened Rausch to the public and the O trail was so named because there were groups of locals that would come out there and do all sorts of crazy drugs and engage in group orgies.

But don't tell anyone I told you the secret

·
Registered
494 Posts
LOL, nice find.

It dates back to the times before Bruce opened Rausch to the public and the O trail was so named because there were groups of locals that would come out there and do all sorts of crazy drugs and engage in group orgies.

But don't tell anyone I told you the secret
If thats the case it should be a blue trail.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW! Wasn't expecting that story! LOL

Lifted with kevlars should make it less "O" shit this time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts