JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, it’s not real surprising or anything (‘happens w/ every new model)but I was a little shocked when I saw my Spam from the week included one from Dynatrac targeting the new Jeep JL/JLU owners that maybe first time Jeep purchasers. I mean, that must be one-nice, $300-$500 duffle-bag, right? ‘cause I don’t know no set of coilsprings w four nitro shocks and brake ext + endlinks that needs to cost $1300 freakin dollars.*

https://www.dynatrac.com/lift-kit-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-2/dynatrac-endurosport-suspension-lift-kit-for-the-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl.html

I just got miffed since you really don’t need anything to slap 35s on one of those JLs , afaik

(* maybe AEV )

:jeep2:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Agree with you , I bought a '07' JK and was amazed when I looked at the aftermarket pricing verses say the TJ and any of the earlier renditions .

The rape and pillage mentality was apparent , there wasn't any hesitation to reap the R&D costs right upfront to the initial first few victims .

The new victims probably should question weather to just sit back and wait for the chaff to settle in the atmosphere before throwing a bunch-o-bucks at their new JL's .

Just to be clear the purveyors will update renditions of their products , so they will also benefit from consumer "testing" failure of the initial product .

But as we all watch the mod happiness that is going on as we drive around the streets of our communities , they will make the same mistakes that we made with our CJ's , TJ's and JK's so as the minor differences between the latest models develops and the "Low Hanging Fruit" is picked by aftermarket , we all have felt the same feeling of remorse doing it over again , so goes the world of "Wheelers" .

JL Owners should rejoice in the knowledge that they will be enriching the economy , and I think that they are the "new rich modifiers of a platform" that we were labeled with for the last eight years will annoy them as much as it annoyed many of the JK crowd .

JL Owners Rejoice !?! , get out your wallets .

·
Registered
960 Posts
I don't think it's really a rape and pillage mentality. A company doesn't exist to act as community service, you optimize profits in almost all companies. Prices are typically set to maximize profit. A new vehicle has a wealthy user base so they make more money by raising prices because they know they won't lose all that many customers (if you raise prices 2x and lose 10% of your customers, you made a good call... if you raise prices 2x and lose 80% of your customers, you made a bad call).

Why do most name brand cell phones in the US now cost nearly $1000? Probably mostly because the manufacturers discovered people are willing to pay it. If you don't like how much products cost, the only people to blame are those who buy them, not the companies making them.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both of the first two responses to the OP are valid, cognizant & informed replies. JKOwners has the folks that understand the ‘going-ons’ w/in the Jeep community.
Good feedback on subject . :jeep2:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Rape the sheep early.

yes it is a free market economy and they can charge whatever they want.

Reactions: un lupus

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
I don't think it's really a rape and pillage mentality. A company doesn't exist to act as community service, you optimize profits in almost all companies. Prices are typically set to maximize profit. A new vehicle has a wealthy user base so they make more money by raising prices because they know they won't lose all that many customers (if you raise prices 2x and lose 10% of your customers, you made a good call... if you raise prices 2x and lose 80% of your customers, you made a bad call).

Why do most name brand cell phones in the US now cost nearly $1000? Probably mostly because the manufacturers discovered people are willing to pay it. If you don't like how much products cost, the only people to blame are those who buy them, not the companies making them.
The cell phone analogy isn't really the best. Cell phones used to be subsidized by the service providers and it is no longer cost effective to do so. When you have a cell phone that is as powerful and able to do things PCs that cost just as much if not more do you realize the price of a cell phone isn't unreasonable.

The rest is what it is, but when consumers realize you fucked them they tend to look elsewhere in the future.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
HOLY SHIT that is a small fortune. Makes my investment into my JK that much nicer. It would be nice to have a new Jeep, but damn I may just have to look at the 13+ JKU instead.

Can't wait to see what the headlight market comes up with. I bet those lights are going to be pushing 25 hundred with all the glowy shit in them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Lift

I thought the sam thing on the cost of that set up. Im helping a buddy of mine get going with his month old JL. We saw the dynatrac option and it further justified stepping into an RK xfactor or MC Game changer at what they're charging.

He just got the RK installed today since the Metal Cloak isn't available yet.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts