JKOwners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
you obviously know nothing about bikers. I've been ridin Harley's for 43 years. Have 4 in the garage. Don't do drugs, never have. Don't have a criminal record. Bought my first Jeep brand new in 1976, when the CJ7 first came out. Got both hard and soft tops, a 304 v8 engine, and a total cost of $6000 new.
Before you start bad mouthing some of the Jeep owners out there, you should talk to a few. Between spending my career drivin big rigs all over the east coast and Canada, and having back problems, at 69 years old I still get around. But my present Jeep doesn't get off road very often. But I enjoy riding it < and yes, it has a 3" lift and 35's.
I talk to a lot both online and face to face. We all agree that a lot of the new jeepers are just plain in it for the looks. We had a guy here in town running 36 x 14.50x 17 tires on his jeep. It looked stupid as fuck and never left the pavement.

They JKU both helped and hurt the off road community. It for sure helped jeep's bottom line so they will keep making them.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
Lets not forget that the "other" Jeepers probably think we're idiots too.

Can we just agree that we're all idiots?:thefinger:

I can't prove that I'm not.

All respect, buddy but I dunno 'bout that... I used to think that same way...that it went both ways.

But let's get real here ; when I really try to put myself in the place of some dirt-road-seeking, bolt-on braggart- w/ angry eyes scowling with thier green...no, ORANGE! DRLs, LEDs blazing -

I'm pretty sure
I'd get a good look at your build and be like....

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll admit I spend too much time on Facebook on Jeep sites. I no longer know why. More and more do I see people only interested in angry grills, cheap lifts, big tires, and how they look, and pricing, no concern about quality, and why should they? they never off road and don't have to concern themselves with breaking down on pavement. If I didn't go off road, I wouldn't drive a Jeep. They are no sports car on road, that's for sure. It's a shame that so many have no idea where their Jeeps can take them, and the great memories they could have.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can only hope that some will come around, some never will. People need to be made fun of sometimes it builds character and checks the ego.

However, it makes me think back to high school and wanting to do cool stuff but not having the knowledge, money, tools, and skills to do any of it. Then I end up doing stupid stuff or a terrible job because I did not know what I was doing. I had no speedo in my Suburban for a few years because I really needed those silver glow gauges and totally muffed my cluster all to hell. Learned a lot the hard way by failing or from ridicule.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
I can only hope that some will come around, some never will. People need to be made fun of sometimes it builds character and checks the ego.

However, it makes me think back to high school and wanting to do cool stuff but not having the knowledge, money, tools, and skills to do any of it. Then I end up doing stupid stuff or a terrible job because I did not know what I was doing. I had no speedo in my Suburban for a few years because I really needed those silver glow gauges and totally muffed my cluster all to hell. Learned a lot the hard way by failing or from ridicule.
Have to cut high school age kids some slack for doing dumb shit. Like you said, they lack the knowledge. Now days, I'm just glad to see them turning a wrench, even if it's on a turd.

A grown ass man going for the angry bird eyes is another story.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No one ever said they were High School Kids. On the contrary, these people are buying new Jeeps, highly unlikely H.S.students.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
No one ever said they were High School Kids. On the contrary, these people are buying new Jeeps, highly unlikely H.S.students.
I was commenting on what @mmilburn said. Wasn't really even about Jeeps, just stupid stuff H.S.'ers do through lack of knowledge.

Than I said:

A grown ass man going for the angry bird eyes is another story.
Work with me here.:thefinger:

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is confusing why these trends happen. I have a friend that last week sent me a photo of his TJ with eyelashes, fucking eyelashes. This guy is the last person I ever expected to see him do that but sure as shit he did.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Why are you dudes shit canning these muppets?
Once the novelty of owning a solid axle road vehicle wears off, we'll be able to buy them at a much reduced price with absolutely no wear on the 4x4 components and just a heap of ugly arsed parts to remove..
I call that a win...

Now I just sit here patiently and wait for a JT to get 'blinged out'

·
22,098 Posts
It is confusing why these trends happen. I have a friend that last week sent me a photo of his TJ with eyelashes, fucking eyelashes. This guy is the last person I ever expected to see him do that but sure as shit he did.
Maybe he is coming out?

·
22,098 Posts
61 - 80 of 108 Posts