JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
don't know where exactly it is, but there is a place in Cocoa off I-95... maybe somebody will be nice enough to post the directions.
Are you referring to 5A/Scottsmoor just north of Titusville, but south of Daytona on I-95? If so it is the Scottsmoor exit Look for sign to either Crystal Lake RV park or Stuckway Rd. The "entrance" is on the west side of I-95.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Are you referring to 5A/Scottsmoor just north of Titusville, but south of Daytona on I-95? If so it is the Scottsmoor exit Look for sign to either Crystal Lake RV park or Stuckway Rd. The "entrance" is on the west side of I-95.
thats the one!:beer: Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats the one!:beer: Thanks
There is a place in Cocoa Fl, There are continued efforts to keep us out due to littering dumping of old tires,boats broken beer bottles ect. If these people would clean up after themselves life would be better for all of us. I won't say any more than this. There is no place to park outside of this destination so you must drive straight in and out when you come and go. I will also add the people who ride these trails are not friendly at all. I would say your best bet is 5A. I was there last week and it is very dry. In a few weeks with some rain most of the trails will be under water " Good if the water is your thing" Personally I like the dryer trails now owning a new 2011 JK.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
when are we going to meet beachside for a run??? 5a is good!!! lets set something up one saturday!!!! or SOMETHING!!! i dont want to go alone anymore and play in the mud... Vanna wants to stretch her legs.... and i am done running up and down the FPL Trails and National gaurd trails here in Palm Bay.....

·
Registered
11 Posts

If you’re in Palm Bay you need to go to Suburban Estates, Holopaw (Private Area key access) just South of SR192 @ US441 west side of US441, or too the Triple Canopy Ranches (Private Area key access) off of SR60 just west of the Kissimmee River, south on CR630 east side of road, north side of the Avon Bombing Range, you should have a snorkel for either place because they will be wet in season. When I'm home it's out every weekend and a couple of time each week, but I'm stuck in Yankee Land at this time family matters I'll be back in O-Town shortly.......

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
There's a hunting ground that you're allowed out on we found. The closest address to the entrance of this place is 9855 county road 13 s Hastings, Fl 32145. It's a pretty big place but only a couple of things we've found so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHnzRLQyTnY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
^^that's me at the entrance leaving for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRYzwsc_-8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope this helps
Could you elaborate on whose ground (property) it is and how permission was obtained? Feel free to PM if you don't wish to post.....I'd just like to "know" if it's ok to wheel somewhere. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pm'd

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anyone taken any trips up to N. GA for some wheeling. I got a Living Social deal for a B&B up there. I was thinking wheeling trip.

Any input on N. GA?
My buddy has gone up to Helen Ga and said there looked like some decent wheelin, but he was alone and wasn't gonna risk it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the humps!

anybody been to the humps in south fla near homestead in a while? dont know the exact location but it is a good time.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Has anyone taken any trips up to N. GA for some wheeling. I got a Living Social deal for a B&B up there. I was thinking wheeling trip.

Any input on N. GA?
In N Ga you will basically find Forest Service Roads. However, one jewel is Beasley Knob, near Blairsville. State owned property. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
IMO, this FL wheelin needs to be broken down these wheelin categories: mudding, forestry roads, parks, private land and Hardrock. Each should come with a description of the area. Each is different to everyone. For me, anything south of Ocala sucks. Mud, flat and boring and nothing to see but mud and weeds. Each is different for everyone. Florida is mostly mud holes from top to bottom. If you like that kinda stuff cool and cleaning your rig for hours. :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow, nice to see people exchanging playing spots...
On the local Jeep forum, 4x4 forum, etc, you can't even talk about trails because, you know, it's secret...
Only the Great Elite 4x4 Guys are allowed to wheel...
If you talk trail, you must not tell where it is or how to get there.
People get all but hurt when you mention locations, and the Elite Forum Guys will edit your posts, remove pictures, etc...
Only if you pay to be a "privileged club member" you're allowed to know the secret.
It's ridiculous. :shaking:
We used to discuss trails all the time but some new Elite showed up and they took control it seems... :flipoff:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts