JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So coming from the desert racing life, I am new to the Jeep life and am excited to be apart of it. Racing in the desert is something only my copilot and I can truly enjoy to make sense as to why it costs so much $$$! After coming to terms with the idea my 1450 class truck was never going to get finished with its rebuild after a shop fire, I decided to part out everything I could. I was able to pick up a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon that needed some work but nothing I can't handle. I am excited to have a toy my wife, son and child on the way can now enjoy as well as myself!

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll have got all the new Moog steering arms and ball joints and replaced the worn out steering stabilizer. Also replaced both wheel hubs with Timikn hubs and since I was under there, I went ahead and added a Taraflex 1" leveling kit. Finally replaced all the brake pads with Power Stop Z17 pads. The ride feels great and I no longer have the death wobble! I picked up a set of 2015 rubicon wheels and tires new for cheaper then buying just tiers and it's like a hole new JK! Lol I just need to figure out how to post pics now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was able to get out with some guys from the base and do some wheeling this weekend. I am extremely happy with everything! The jeep ran great and I was able to keep up with the lifted guys with no problem. Granted we didn't hit any major obstacles but still feel pretty satisfied with how well the JKUR handles. Here are some pics of the trip.

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Great pics looks like you were headed somewhere near Mt Lemmon! Or towards Florence! We are planning a run this Saturday up near Chiva falls and chimney rock if you are interested check out the thread in the tucson section. Glad the jeep is working out well !

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great pics looks like you were headed somewhere near Mt Lemmon! Or towards Florence! We are planning a run this Saturday up near Chiva falls and chimney rock if you are interested check out the thread in the tucson section. Glad the jeep is working out well !
Thank you and yes we where out at the 96 ranch goest town by willow springs. I would be down to go if I didn't already have plans but thank you for the invite!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some time to do my bumper mod yesterday. Also swapped out my old headlights with a set I picked up off another guys 2013 JK.

Did a little fix to one of the headlight adjustment screws. Washer on each side and a lock nut on the back.

The fenders and rear bumper where painted with a undercoating spry paint so I just did the same to the front so it all matches.

Final product with the VDP bumper caps

1 - 20 of 145 Posts