JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out in a local state game lands today, puttin along in low range on some of their trails, and every once in awhile, I would get a "ding", but no lights. I know this normally occurs when the transmission overheats, but my tranny temp never seemed to go above 215* (yes, I know, I need a cooler) according to my Aerotech scan gauge. I also used it to check for the overheating code, and there were no stored codes. My temp. never dropped below 192* until we hit the open road on the way home. Will it do this if you sustain a high temp for to long? Or could it be something with the ESP since it automatically switches off for the most part when you put it in low range? I can't recall if it did it only in low or in high also. I lost track of how many times it did it after 6.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I too have had my jeep ding every now and again off road. I do not even pay attention to it with all the sensors (i dont wheel with doors or wheel sensors) so who knows why that thing is always dinging.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just concerned, cause I've driven these trails before, in hotter weather, and never had this happen.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The 4door Auto seems to have the problem a bit more than the 2door. I experience it everytime I spend an extended length of time going up hill on a trail. I found that running in 4Low solved the problem...

You can check your computer codes, by doing the following:

1. Close all doors and insert your key in the ignition
2. Turn the key - up to the point BEFORE starting the engine - three times in a row
3. Your odometer will display any codes (if no codes, then it displays DONE)

Lastly, always check your tranny fluid if you hear the ding.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't get the code thing with the key to work. I turn it to the run position, and then off 3 times, and it keeps showing my odometer like normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts