JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best Isolators i ever seen
4 years still working great on my jeep

The electronic isolator does not require any changes to the vehicles existing wiring system. It can be fitted to all 12V vehicle types.
Priority Charging for Starting Battery
Ensures that the main battery is fully charged before connecting the auxiliary battery in parallel with the main.
Manual Override
If the starting battery goes flat and the auxiliary battery is charged, the electronic isolator allows the batteries to be manually paralleled to jump start the vehicle.
Over Current Protection
Features built in over current protection that protects the isolator. Over current is most likely to occur if there is a short circuit in the wiring.
Surge Protection
Provides surge protection for vehicles with electronic ignition systems

http://projecta.com.au/Products/DualBattery/DualBatterySystems.aspx#!prettyPhoto

·
Registered
868 Posts
The above looks more like an ad for a product than an actual review or question about who has the best dual battery system.

So lets address the actual question. Lots of dual battery holders out there, lots of isolator systems out there, but for most you have to buy two separate things, from two separate places. SYSTEM to me means the whole thing in one package dual battery holder and isolator system.

My vote for best Dual Battery System:
Genesis dual battery system.

Ron

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
11 posts saying, "Looks good!".
Then this.
Looks good:nerd:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The above looks more like an ad for a product than an actual review or question about who has the best dual battery system.

So lets address the actual question. Lots of dual battery holders out there, lots of isolator systems out there, but for most you have to buy two separate things, from two separate places. SYSTEM to me means the whole thing in one package dual battery holder and isolator system.

My vote for best Dual Battery System:
Genesis dual battery system.

Ron
hahahaha

In other news, I also agree - Genesis Kit hands down. Very well engineered and easy to install.

I'm just a user of the device and liked to share with you my experience

And I am still sure that the best and even better than Genesis

Comparison

I will not speak about quality, because I did not try Genesis
But I think they high quality both
I used projecta for more than four years and did not never stop working on my gm truck & jk with ALOT accessories

lets talk about SPECIFICATIONS

1- CUT-IN VOLTAGE & CUT-OUT VOLTAGE almost same

Genesis cut in =13.2v cut out= 12.7v
projecta cut in =13.4V cut out= 12.8V

2- Base model
Genesis coming with 85amp add 40$ for 200amp
projecta coming with 100amp add 25$ for 150amp

3- In general
project Beautiful shape there is only 2 wires ,You could put it anywhere And use it for any car , some cars you cant put (two battery togather as jk )

Genesis I do not understand yet why remains an ugly shape so far, also why does not cover at least these wires
, there is only one place you can uesd Genesis System brackets up two batterys

4- price
Do not be surprised if I told you that you can buy 8 projecta 100amp devices to one Genesis base 85amp !!

Genesis 85amp = 479$
200amp = 519$
add 10$ for 2007-11 jk
coming with Dual Battery Tray

projecta 100amp = 58$
150amp = 85$
for jk you need to buy Dual Battery Tray 100$ with some cables

the problem is I have no idea who sell projecta in US :|:|:nerd:

i find Australn buyer Projecta Dual Battery System 12V 150A Electronic Isolators DBC150 | eBay

150amp 82.71 + 27$ shipping :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts