JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
really not impressed with that vehicle. Guess its ok for those teenage kids who want a "Jeep" branded vehicle, i just wish they would stop lifting them and trying to wheel them.

Saw the WAL video and laughed

·
Registered
108 Posts
really not impressed with that vehicle. Guess its ok for those teenage kids who want a "Jeep" branded vehicle, i just wish they would stop lifting them and trying to wheel them.

Saw the WAL video and laughed
Yeah, it's just a dressed up Fiat with AWD. I guess it's better than an Escape or a crossover SUV though. And Eddie would be the douche to try and promote the Renegade as a capable off road vehicle haha

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
Reading a review against other vehicles in it's class and it got trounced on and off road. It was the only vehicle that couldn't pull it's own weight up one of the test hills. They had to back up and get a running start.:laughing2:

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I know they sell, there are several around my area, so apparently people like them....

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Couldn't help thinking of the old Fiat commercials from the '70s. Was waiting for him to jump the thing from one roof to the other and drive it down a bunch of steps. I guess Fiat is not as adventurous with their "Jeep" now as they were with their sedan back then. :dunno:

·
Registered
646 Posts
I know its a Fiat and not a good representation of the Jeep brand but I know several people who are looking at them and they would be a good vehicle for them too. They live out in the country in Central PA and a drive over the mountain is part of there 30-40 mile commute to work. With the winter snow and the fact that their roads are on the end of the list of priority to plow 4wd or awd is a must. One has a Jeep Compass 4wd, they love it but soon will be in the market to trade it in and get something newer. The other has a S-10 4x4 thats on its last legs.

The Renegade and Compass are great vehicles. If you live in out in the country and somewhere that it snow the extra 1.5" ground clearance and 4wd are a real help. If those vehicles were labeled as a Dodge products I bet there would not be as many negative comments by non-owners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know they sell, there are several around my area, so apparently people like them....
Every time one drives by I am amazed. They already outsell the Wrangler. That's why I fear for the future of Jeep. They're cranking out Cherokees, GCs, and Renegades, and the Wrangler - despite how popular we think it is, is only ahead of the Patriot and Compass on their sales figures.

Sure, Jeep sold 1.2 million vehicles last year, but the Wrangler is the .2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts