JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Mall Crawler Extraordinaire
112 Posts
I figured you'd get a kick out of that. Since I live in a hyper religious area I figured it'd probably be better as ubicon than risk getting accosted for offending someone. Otherwise idgaf:thefinger:.

Before I forget again the entry numbers got messed up back aways. I've got two #8 submissions.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
When I lived in a small town in Colorado, I was invited to drive my Jeep in the town's St. Patrick's Day parade. I was introduced as a YouTube Celebrity. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: I took 3rd place in this parade. I was later asked to be in two other parades in that same town and another nearby town.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Window
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
37 Posts
Snout, this is a great idea and it appears to be beathing some life into the board, thank you.

Recently my wife and I took our Jeeps to Rausch Creek and had a run in. We were on a blue trail when an obviously drunk tree came stumbling across the trail and directly into my wife’s passenger door. No apology or anything, it just stumbled back into the woods and passed out.

The window frame bent and sheet metal around the handle is pushed in. The killer part is that I had a pair of black doors that no one wanted for over a year, but sold them about a month ago. Lucky for me, my wife is cool and was happy with my fix.

Tire Wheel Truck Automotive lighting Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's funny I found a replacement door but it's blue. When I took the black door off, I felt done.

Glad to be here. I have been around a while but don't post often. There are tons of info on this site, I will try to contribute to that.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
@fzmax I totally love the drunk tree story!

I find drunk rocks / rock walls all the time.
My first drunk rock was at Rausch Creek, and it got my steering stabilizer. Thankfully, I was with a great group who helped me through this first drunk rock vs Jeep experience. It took out my steering stabilizer and I couldn't steer. I totally panicked and almost started crying. I felt very violated. LOL!!! I learned you really don't need that part on the trails. Once we finished the day on the trail, they put my stabilizer back on. Easy Peasy.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Smile Sleeve Plant Gesture Tree

Then as I headed out West, I discovered the rocks out there really like to party. My gas tank skid has tons of dents along with rock rash all over the undercarriage. This is my rock slider. If I remember right this was from the Rubicon Trail.
Wood Tints and shades Automotive exterior Metal Pipe

Then one time on the Homecourt Trail outside of Kingman Arizona there was one nasty rock wall that crunched my rear tail light and the body of my Jeep while I made a 159 point turn to try and get out of the party with the rock wall. I lost! I had to be winched up the 6 foot rock face. That wasn't the end. I popped a bead, and the valve stem was torn off by another drunk rock. However, Colby Valve saved the day.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

That's my thumbnail from my YouTube Video. My oldest son told me to give up my Mr. Beast Thumbnails. (he's a very
popular YouTuber) I guess I am not in his league.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Here is the drunk rock wall right before it jumped and attacked my passenger tail light. I was next in line to tackle the rocks so I am watching how it's done (this Jeeper was winched up). I am standing next to the drunk rock wall in this picture.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Mountain Automotive tire Bedrock Vehicle

See the rock under my driver's front tire. I believe that was another drunk rock. This is right before I had to climb back off the wall to reposition myself. When I did that I ended up in a 159 point turn against that wall I was standing by.

The red Jeep in this thumbnail is lined up how you are supposed to climb this wall. My spotter didn't line me up properly.

22 minutes into this video (not my video but another Jeep Youtubers) you can see it all unfold. I was told I wasn't lined up right when I first when up that obstacle.
at 23 minutes is my dance with the drunk rock wall.
at 25:44 you hear the POP!
at 28 ish minutes The Colby Value was brought up. I knew what it was but some of those "Big Boys" had no clue what it was!

Tire Car Mountain Vehicle Wheel

This is after they winched me up. I popped a bead. The reason was because I side swiped my valve stem. Luckily, we didn't have to change this tire in such a precarious position. The Jeeper in the blue Jeep had a Colby Valve. You can see him celebrate in the next picture because he finally got to use it after carrying it around in his recovery bag for years. Plus, he saved Jeep Momma. LOL! I drove the rest of that trip, back across the US. Then back out to Colorado, then to California to the Rubicon and the whole Rubicon Trail and back to Colorado with that valve stem in my tire. I was sporting Nexen Roadian MTX tires! I swear by those tires!

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

This was my first time wheeling with the "Big Boys" out west! It was a complete blast!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just ordered a set of emergency Colby valves. Never heard of them and not sure how I missed those, but I will be glad to have them. Pretty sure putting them in my toolbox will keep me from getting a flat on the trail ever again.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
This past weekend, took my Jeep "off-road" kind of. I was in Iowa for the 5th annual FC Jamboree. It was the first time my Jeep was in Iowa. There isn't a whole lot of extreme rock crawling there. Miles and miles of gravel roads plus acres and acres of corn fields. The coolest part of the day was getting a ride in a FC. Those cute little Jeeps look so huggable. 😁

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Wheel Cloud

·
Administrator
1,154 Posts
Just ordered a set of emergency Colby valves. Never heard of them and not sure how I missed those, but I will be glad to have them. Pretty sure putting them in my toolbox will keep me from getting a flat on the trail ever again.
We keep several and have used the emergency valves a couple of times.
The new wheels for the '14 I put on their shorty valves, I think they'll work out great.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts