JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends.

In the olden days of yore, JKO gave shit away. They held contests, competitions an even a BOUNTY.
Time came and went and JKO slowly fell by the wayside. Other forums, FB and other disgusting forms of social media captured our attention.

While this forum has definitely bounced back from darker times, there's still more chit-chat than tech. More talk about herpes remedies and pronunciation than threads about mods. More ducking than wrenching. I'm here to remind folks that there's more to JKO than chit-chat. There's actually JEEPS.

So here's what's going to happen. I am running my own contest, with my own rules and they are simple:

The 100th valid post with a photo + 50 words about your JEEP gets $100*
*Not from JKO, not from Canada, but from ME and only me.

The rules are easy:

• ANYONE CAN PLAY --- New user, old user, in-between user! All are welcome and encouraged to play
  • Play as often as you'd like! Valid posts need to be 24hrs apart.
  • Post up at least one photo of your JEEP + 50 words or more about your Jeep. Include a photo of YOUR JEEP, not something you scraped off Google.
  • My posts don't count but I will keep track of valid entries!

And before we begin, I want to thank the venerable @KOWBOY for coming up with this idea elsewhere. It's a bummer it never worked out. We are going to make it happen here.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go first.

There's nothing extraordinary about my JK.
There's a billion others like it. I've dropped it on top of long arms, one tons and a set of 40's.
It still has a lot of work before I can get it out of my driveway, but I'm getting closer. Maybe next year 😆

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

ENTRY #1: Post #2 by @snout
(too bad I can't play)

·
Administrator
1,153 Posts
Another JK sitting in the driveway waiting on enough time to finish up the one ton swap. 2014 JKUR

Need to add driveshafts, hydro assist, press tone rings on the rear and make the computer happy. Hopefully sometime in the next month when the weather cools off here.
Also have to decide on a front bumper (leaning towards VKS Prerunner)

Currently on Cooper STT Pro 40x13.5x17, would like to add an off-road set of wheels/tires with Dirty Life beadlocks and MT Baja Pro XS in 43x15.5x17.

Trying to make mine unique to me, hard when there's 2.1 million JKs on the road.

In the meantime I'm driving the wife's 2018 JK that's casually for sale.
Teraflex D44/D60 axles with 4.88 and ARBs, on 3" lift and Cooper STT Pro 37x12.5x17

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
MY JEEP - extraordinary to me! I have totally neglected it and made some bad choices.
EDIT: Pictures are original not on google

Mine is a JKU. I might not fulfill the rules requirement because of the U.

I recently posted my build thread - Confessions of a Blonde Woman - if you want to get more details about the build. I was getting ready to share the latest work. It has taken a lot of courage for me to share this next part as I am a dumbass.

Last summer added the Artec Axle Truss. However, the "mechanic / welder" I trusted to do it is not so trustworthy so I question the work. The axle was never taken off the Jeep to weld on the truss. He also left off some of the parts he couldn't get to fit because the axle was still attached. He claimed it's not a big deal to leave off parts. Plus, it is rusting like crazy now that I left a rust free zone.

Again last summer, I added Core 4x4 Lower Control arms. I bought beefier mounts as well. Well the control arms where put on but not the mounts (the OEM mounts are still there). The same mechanic as above was too lazy to weld on the mounts and didn't have time for me.

And again... Last summer a shock mount broke while said mechanic "borrowed" my Jeep to wheel engineer pass while I was in MD. I bought two to replace both mounts, but above mechanic only replaced one.

Needless to say I was a dumbass for far too long. Took some time to fix me. Now it's time to fix my Jeep. I think I found someone to look at my Jeep and get me on the right path again. I hope. Trusting is hard.

PS... I got the hint. Chit chat momma has been sent to time out.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Vehicle brake

Wood Gas Font Auto part Tool

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Here's the Jeep, it doesn't have that monstrosity of a winch anymore, down to a Zeon 10k.

It's way over built for what I do with it!

It's a a 2010 Rubi right off the lot, put a supercharger on it at around 5k Miles. That did nothing but piss me off later, I could feel when a second person got in the jeep....running 35's at the time.

Opened the stupid box and put a LS in it, back then the Hemi's were known for overheating in JK's and melting the computers and wiring harnesses.

Don't put your stupid fucking duck on my jeep or any other vehicle i own.....want to chat let's have a Beer...not a duck!

What's next, seats at some point, shocks, and some minor upgrades to the MoTech LS kit..... I think they've improved the harness or John at Overland Performance has a new updated one.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Plant

Yes I still have all the lights, I like them at night.....so fuck you! ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I think this qualifies. I know it's not that techie but it is My Jeep and I used a tool.

The door trim accessories have started coming lose on my Jeep. I fixed the rear drivers door about a month ago. I haven't quite figured out why. It's not because the bolt (?) is loose. It's tight as can be. It just seems to want to pop out. I don't want to pay $155 each to replace them. Plus, I would have to re-spray paint them. The Sumptuous Purple has been discontinued.

I tried double stick 3M tape. That was a disaster. I decided to get out my hot glue gun! So far so good.

**Note: Only use your Hot Glue Gun on interior trim.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon Auto part Bicycle handlebar

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire Vehicle door

Shoe Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I sold my jeep. Best and worst thing ever.
We miss running it topless through the trails. Sometimes we even took the roof off.
Spent a bunch on supercharging and then Moteching it.
Like being in real estate, once you're out, you're out.

·
Administrator
1,153 Posts
I did just shave 1/2 my back, and got the stihl lawn trimmer fired up for the nether regions...
Admiral flexibility!
I wouldn't want to take that job from my wife, I think it's the highlight of her month....

snout, feel free to delete my chit-chat from your thread :)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
"Hard Lessons Learned" is my middle name.😀

50 words ✅
Picture of Jeep ✅
Post Anything I want ✅ (Are you Sure?) :p

This is My Jeep. BTW "My Jeep", is the name of my Jeep. One of my favorite things to do with my Jeep, besides take it off road, is to do videos with my Jeep to help others. I try to record a video weekly. I spent this weekend recording my next video, "Top Five Tips for Mall Crawlers". This is a picture of one of the Top Five Tips.

While I was out Mall Crawling, I came across a Farmer's Market and bought some fresh produce. I made the most amazing guacamole for grilled chicken tacos. You know. all Jeep Girls not only love Jeeps but they LOVE Tacos too.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

Food Tableware Fines herbes Recipe Plate

1 - 20 of 91 Posts