JKOwners Forum banner

Texas law ?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rescue1 
#1 ·
Whats the law on carrying a hand gun in you vehicle in the state of Texas ? The little woman wants to start packin.

#2 ·
As long as it is concealed, she is not in the act of committing a crime (>class C) and not a gang member :)D) then tell her to go for it. I would make sure that she is 100% proficient with it....

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/TXSL.pdf

My wife carries and I went to the class with her, take her to the range and work with her on drawing it as quickly as possible. She understands that if she is going to carry it she better be ready to shoot and kill someone without hesitation. I have seen what happens to folks who hesitate, fumble or make a mistake when faced with someone who already has a gun pointed at them..... the stakes don't get much higher.

#4 ·
yep, if she is a Texas resident... no prior felonies or family related class As.

its hard to read but it is in there:

"A person commits an offense of unlawfully carrying a
weapon if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly
carries a handgun on or about his or her person unless the person is on one’s own premise or premises under the person’s control or inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person’s control. It is unlawful to intentionally, knowingly or recklessly carry on or about one’s person a handgun in a motor vehicle if the handgun is in plain view or the person is engaged in criminal activity (other than a misdemeanor traffic violation), prohibited by law from possessing a firearm or is a member of a street gang."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.