JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how a 37" MTR would compare to a very aggressive 35" like an LTB in Texas mud and clay. I do love mud, and this mud is thick as hell but wouldnt a 37" find the hard earth at the bottom easier than a smaller Swamper would churn through it?

My cheap ass was looking at going to 34" LTBs with factory gears when my TOB blew and I dropped the loot on a new clutch setup. Now that I have money for gears and gussets, I am having a hard time going with 34-35"s when I could run 37" MTRs!!!

I mostly do texas trails and clay/mud along with a 21 mile round trip commute... and 37" ANYTHING looks better at the beach!:shitstorm:

· Registered
2,727 Posts
37's will help reach the bottom of a rut easier, wider is better for helping to stay on top of the mud as much as you can, and the more aggressive the faster you dig a hole but the lugs clean out easier to somewhat keep a (hopefully) forward momentum, but getting stuck is half the fun...

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Well a 37 will get you higher and in some cases that might help. But the shit that we have here fills the lugs up so fast that you are turning slicks. The hard earth where I got stuck was about 20' below me!

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Such a nice Jeep...

...lets bench race- would 4.88's slinging 35x13.5 LTBs have spun through?

I have another thread called CHRONO OF PARTS TO GO 37" or some such- and it convinced me that I am not really ready to beat on 37"s. The money I am saving is going towards a Spartan. Sticking with 4.88s though, so my 6 speed will be ready to go 37's when its time.

COME ON STUDENT LOANS!!!
:th_pray:

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh...

And I have a theory that all vehicles in ARREST ME RED or COMPETITION YELLOW should look bad ass standing still.

Well played sir, well played.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... instead of running the 37" MTRs on super heavy H1 double bead-locks I am just going with 36" or 37" Intercos on my OEM wheels. 13-14" wide on 8" rims should keep the beads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.