JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
"United States is a nation of cowards"

Holder Calls U.S. a ‘Nation of Cowards’

The U.S. is a “nation of cowards” that fears frank discussion of race, said Eric Holder, the first black attorney general.

For the country to make racial progress, people must feel comfortable discussing racial matters, Holder said today in Washington at a Justice Department event celebrating Black History Month.

Holder, 58, speaking to department employees and visitors, said an appreciation of black history will help lead to better understanding. He said there isn’t enough interaction between people of different races outside the workplace.

“Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards,” Holder said. “We, average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about things racial.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a3AqLScZj7_U&refer=home

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
yep, the irony of it all is too much

actually, I guess I should have posted that in Lance's ***** thread about racist comments

I mean, the United States Attorney General says we should discuss racial issues more openly...... of course he called us a bunch of cowards while doing so

but, in context, the new representatives of the current Executive office have been slinging some zingers. With Gaithner bombing, all of the tax issues, director of intelligence hinting that local civil unrest might be a bigger threat than islamic terrorism, Holder calling the U.S. cowards.....

it's been a helluva month

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.