JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, you guys sure do take a beating over in JK Shangrila and get the sins of others placed on your plate. Good thing you have a good web presence to combat the false information.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The, I'll call it a rumor, is that the Teraflex arms make a lot of noise LOL. I have the Flex-arm system, but I couldn't reply because like most of us here, I was banned for creative ways of mentioning Poly Performance and other enemies of the state hahahaha!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So I just got the link to that thread from Joe (the guy who posts over there as "teraflex")....this is the first I've heard of the Tera arms being noisy. :shaking: I suppose The Internet told him someone's arms are noisy, and he forgot which one?

Oh well, looks like enough people have chimed in to correct him now.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
So I just got the link to that thread from Joe (the guy who posts over there as "teraflex")....this is the first I've heard of the Tera arms being noisy. :shaking: I suppose The Internet told him someone's arms are noisy, and he forgot which one?

Oh well, looks like enough people have chimed in to correct him now.
What, I can't hear you over my noisy Teraflex arms. :laughing:

What a poon. I've never heard anybody complain about Teraflex arms being noisy.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'll bet you all the "MODS" with teraflex arms do not have squeaks...:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had no problems with my 4" teraflex. :smokin: Had one issue with the trackbar flexing while turning, posted my problem up on "that other forum" and Joe got ahold of me right away. Overnighted me a one-off gusseted track bar that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I've had no problems with my 4" teraflex. :smokin: Had one issue with the trackbar flexing while turning, posted my problem up on "that other forum" and Joe got ahold of me right away. Overnighted me a one-off gusseted track bar that fixed the problem.
I've seen that trackbar at thier shop, it was a while ago. I probably had the same trackbar that you had origianlly but I have since upgrade to thier newer HD forged one. They claim it to be some 200 something percent stronger than the stock trackbar but if ya ask me, I think it looks like it weighs probably 200 something pounds. That thing is a monster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen that trackbar at thier shop, it was a while ago. I probably had the same trackbar that you had origianlly but I have since upgrade to thier newer HD forged one. They claim it to be some 200 something percent stronger than the stock trackbar but if ya ask me, I think it looks like it weighs probably 200 something pounds. That thing is a monster.
He told me they were going to make what I have now the standard track bar but I havnt seen it yet with any of their kits so I figured he did something special for my problem. Have you seen their track bar thats adjustable without taking it apart? Fricken sweet.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
There were actually quite a few of those "shark fin" trackbars. For a while they were the piece included in all the kits, which was a big improvement over the first one which turned out to be too flexible. The current "monster bar" replaced that one, and is now a completely different design. It's forged, super-stiff, made with an adjusting sleeve and OEM-type rubber bushings with a rate plate. It's also available as an upgrade for either the original tubular bar, or the "shark fin" bars for about $25 with the exchange of your old track bar. :cool:

Here's a picture of the big 'un:

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
There were actually quite a few of those "shark fin" trackbars. For a while they were the piece included in all the kits, which was a big improvement over the first one which turned out to be too flexible. The current "monster bar" replaced that one, and is now a completely different design. It's forged, super-stiff, made with an adjusting sleeve and OEM-type rubber bushings with a rate plate. It's also available as an upgrade for either the original tubular bar, or the "shark fin" bars for about $25 with the exchange of your old track bar. :cool:

I've got buddies always asking about upgrade items to their existing lifts, great news @ affordable $ too..

Great job Tera Flex :D

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Am I reading this correctly?

I send Teraflex my OEM POS front or rear track bar and $25 and they wil l send me this bad boy??? Is this right?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

That's what I'm talking about. I still have the flexible first ones, and I've often wondered it was strong enough. I don't know if it's my imagination or if the bend gets bigger each time I wheel. You guys sent me some replacement bushings a while back and I just ran the stock ones with relocation brackets for a while. I finally got around to installing the new bushings and reinstalled the Teraflex adjustable bars a couple of months ago. They seem to be holding, but I do get some axle movement when I have somebody work the wheel.

I've been running your lift since July of 07. I am very pleased with the lift and the support you provide is second to none. I recently had some of my bushings go bad and you guys stepped up to the plate and took care of everything. Thanks.

Back to the track bars. Do we need an RMA or anything to swap them out? I don't mind sending them back first since I still have my factory bars and am using relocation brackets. I can throw them on to get me by until the new ones arrive.

By the way, never a squeak here. People always comment on how quite my Jeep is off road. I guess those hamsters under the hood don't make much noise either.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.