JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im making the jump to 40s. Currently have the teraflex tire carrier. Whats the chances of it surviving with a 40 on it?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ran a 40” Nitto on beadlock wheel on the TF carrier for a bit with no noticeable sag or change in gate movement. I did find the depth that worked for the center section and welded it.

TF won’t publish numbers on it for obvious reasons but in talking with some of their folks expectation is that it’s able to support upwards of 250lbs. They’ve got pics out there with a 37” tire and a grown man sitting on it for whatever that’s worth.

Mounting height and depth seemed to be the real challenge depending on wheel offset and bumper notch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran a 40” Nitto on beadlock wheel on the TF carrier for a bit with no noticeable sag or change in gate movement. I did find the depth that worked for the center section and welded it.

TF won’t publish numbers on it for obvious reasons but in talking with some of their folks expectation is that it’s able to support upwards of 250lbs. They’ve got pics out there with a 37” tire and a grown man sitting on it for whatever that’s worth.

Mounting height and depth seemed to be the real challenge depending on wheel offset and bumper notch.

Good to know thank you! Was thinking about permanently welding it once I set the proper depth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts