JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well done. Very seriously, well done.

A light take on the very serious subject of misappropriation of IP and design.

These companies. Yeah you Rugged Ridge, Smittybilt, Trans, etc... should be embarrassed. Never an original thought. And if you're buying this shit, you should be embarrassed as well. Might as well order straight from alibaba or madeinchina.com

I run the Crawler Conceptz carrier, but very much appreciate and respect the work and innovation T.Flext brings to the game.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Great video, as always. And an excellent way to address the R&D theft. I will never run Shittybuilt for this and other reasons. And, I do run and love the TF gear.

Thanks

-Hank

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great products and great marketing go hand in hand at Teraflex! Proud to run the only original Teraflex carrier myself.

I'm getting ready to change from 5 on 5 to 5.5, what is the best path to continuing to use my TF carrier?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the Teraflex carrier too. Didn't get the actual adjustable tire mount tho, is the stock strong enough to carry a 35 with the Teraflex hinge?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Me too and I agree with the above posts!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Saw a thread on wranglerforum about this. Some douche said Dennis was a classless douche for posting this. Apparently Rugged has a team of engineers who work tirelessly to innovate the stuff Teraflex already makes.

Edit* I picked Teraflex because I wanted to move my spare out of the interior in the lightest, tightest way.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Oh really ^^

Edit: found it and responded. He called him a classless buffoon, he is the douche :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Great video, laughed my ass off. Currently run a Teraflex HD tire carrier (our 3rd), and love them. Shit on Rugged Ridge and Smittybilt. :flipoff:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I run the same carrier. Love the design, not to mention the videos crack me up. LOL

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Video is great, but I'll buy the Smitty Carrier. You can make fun of me, my wallet doesn't care.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I spent five years as a construction superintendent for a developer. On his office wall he had a poster:
The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low cost has passed.
Only time will tell if the copy is worth the savings.
Let us know if there are any issues or if it is awesome.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I purchased a Tera carrier last week before I saw this video. I honestly couldn't live with myself if I installed anything Smittybuilt or Rugged Ridge on my jeep. Everything I have seen from them screams "bro Jeep", lol

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought the Teraflex carrier too. Didn't get the actual adjustable tire mount tho, is the stock strong enough to carry a 35 with the Teraflex hinge?
Yes the stock mount can carry your tire just fine. However if your finding yourself offroad alot, rock crawling etc the oem unit can crack. It's really best to keep that spare snug against the tailgate. The farther off it is ,the more leverage there will be on the mount.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts