JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the BUmper instaled, very impressed with the fit and finish.
THe bumper mounts with three bolts on each side, and is plenty sturdy for a 35 or a 37 inch spare, its not as beefy as some of the others out there, but it is more then sturdy for my needs,

i like the looks, also like the latch, that is why i got it.

install was very very straight forward, it fit like a glove, and even thopugh one pic shows the bumper as being on crooked, let me assure you that is not the case, it is straight

here are some pics

here you can see it sits snug against the factory tire stops, very nice design

latch with safety pin, so it wont come loose

before you ask, this is not part of the bumper, this is the rear view camera for my navi

i had to use a spacer in order to fit the stock rubicon wheel, it will work fine if you dont have a stock wheel and is also adjustable, and will fit a 37 inch tire just fine

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like it! 2 questions: 1) Does it rattle? 2) Does the spare tire carrier lock in the open position?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no rattling, one good thing is there is no metal to metal contact

there are poly bushings on both the spindle and the latch to ensure of that

there is an internal stopper that stops the carrier from opening past 90 degrees

·
Registered
420 Posts
no rattling, one good thing is there is no metal to metal contact

there are poly bushings on both the spindle and the latch to ensure of that

there is an internal stopper that stops the carrier from opening past 90 degrees
Thanks - will it lock in any open position?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the internal stopper has only one stopping position, and thats at full open

its not as free flowing as when the spare was on the rear gate, so its not a concern at all

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it from 4wheel parts back in december

they had free shipping and 10% off

i believe it was 700 to my door

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Looks good :smokin:

Is the rear license tag as obscured by the swing away as it looks? (It's the same on my PJ bumper)

Are the mounting holes slotted, so you can adjust the angle? Speaking of mounting, how may bolts hold it on?

I like the lines of it, looks real good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a question about your CB antenna.

When I set up CB's, I always recommend NO LESS than 6" of antenna above the top line of your vehicle. You look to be 6" short.

How far to the forward of your vehicle can you transmit?

I would recommend moving that mount to the top two bolts instead of the lower for better transmitting and reception.

Other than that, the Teraflex rear bumper looks very nice on your JK.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a question about your CB antenna.

When I set up CB's, I always recommend NO LESS than 6" of antenna above the top line of your vehicle. You look to be 6" short.

How far to the forward of your vehicle can you transmit?

I would recommend moving that mount to the top two bolts instead of the lower for better transmitting and reception.

Other than that, the Teraflex rear bumper looks very nice on your JK.
thanks for the concerns, i am aware, the range of the antenna is good enough for me on the trails, i work in an office building and the antenna can not go past the roof line, that is why it is where it is

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Looks good :smokin:

Is the rear license tag as obscured by the swing away as it looks? (It's the same on my PJ bumper)

Are the mounting holes slotted, so you can adjust the angle? Speaking of mounting, how may bolts hold it on?

I like the lines of it, looks real good.
i think so, the latch blocks the last letter of my license plate, looks to be te same as the PJ

it mounts with two factory bumper bolts on each side, plus 1 huge 3/4 inch bolt on each side. so a total of 6 bolts altogether.
the mounting bolts are all slotted even on the latch, so you can adjust it anyway you want

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Looks real good. I love that bumper. It's one of the bumpers I'm considering. Is that price of $700 to your door for the bumper and tire carrier? If so, that's a lot cheaper than most of the competition. :beer:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup that was for both the tire carrier and the bumper shipped to my door

they had the 10% off sale

i think the exact number was 720 shipped

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i assume the trailer hitch is built in? I noticed there were no additional tow points. I too am looking for a rear bumper and I like this one and the Rugged Ridge one.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
i assume the trailer hitch is built in? I noticed there were no additional tow points. I too am looking for a rear bumper and I like this one and the Rugged Ridge one.
It uses the factory tow hitch, Jeremy. You could always pick one of those up pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It uses the factory tow hitch, Jeremy. You could always pick one of those up pretty cheap.
hmm not bad then... I was asking more because i dont have the tow package and i was in hopes to leave the stock rear hook until i decide to wire up the harness and get a hitch. Just got to decide... rear bumper W/ tire carrier or Aussie in the front...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i had the rear hook too, i was able to pick up the factory hitch reciever for cheap used, seems like more bumpers are coming out for the factory tow hitch option then built in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts