JKOwners Forum banner

Teraflex lift question??

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Lensman 
#1 ·
I just installed 2.5 bb lift,It was a easy install.Was looking in their catalog at the lift i installed and there is a rear trackbar reloc. bracket in the kit i didnt get,hmmm.Do i need it?
Oh yea my wife drove it after the install and hates it:bawling:,she said it drives like a##.But my elec swaybar disconnect is broken too.(parts ordered from Dealer). Maybe when i get it replaced it will be better;)

#2 ·
must be something new, I've bought 2 TF BBs and didnt get a bracket with either of them.
Adding a bracket in the back will seriously help with the jeep wanting to turn when you hit a sharp bump.
I used a BDS frame side bracket in back on mine and it helped a LOT
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678&highlight=bds+bracket
Polyperformance makes awesome axle side brackets if you decide to go that route, but either one will help a lot

#3 ·
Cool.That looks just like the TF one,will order one.Thanks for the info

#5 · (Edited)
Wow, yeah lots of stuff in the catalog thats not on the site!
The new pics of the BB kit in the catalog do show a rear drop bracket that looks just like a BDS except it doesn't require drilling. I wonder if it's as strong being minus a mounting bolt?
I bet so_cal received old stock/ last years BB kit from before they started including the bracket

on a side note
the flipped draglink setup looks pretty interesting :mr-t:

#6 ·
A friend got this kit with that bracket and it (the bracket) didn't fit. The bend in the Teraflex bracket (where the trackbar will ultimately bolt to) interfered with the factory trackbar mounting bracket. So just be on the look out for that.

#7 ·
I live near Teraflex and they are good to work with. Give them a call and request the axle mounted bracket that wraps around the axle and the not the drop bracket that mounts to the frame. PP even makes one as well as a few others I'm sure. I just don't recommend getting a drop bracket or an axle mounted bracket that relies soley on the factory welded bracket for attachment.

The drop bracket intereferes with the shock if left in the stock location. This issue is fairly common with drop brackets from many lift companies not just Teraflex. The intereference happens when that side is fully compressed, and I have seen some of your wheelin' pics so_calif_rubi and I am sure you will reach that compressed point.

#11 ·
Get the Bracket!!!!!!!!!

The OE rear track bar bracket is crap. It is poorly welded (one side only!)and thin metal. I ripped mine apart going over some woops in Baja. I got the Teraflex bracket and an adjustable rear track bar. The bracket is beefy. It uses the rear OE track bar bracket to line up and the rear link bolt for stability. I was going to weld it, after the install I did not think it was necessary.

Get the Bracket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.