JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I tracked down the nasty creak coming from my front end to the drag link joint on my teraflex flip kit.

It doesnt look like its rebuildable, am I missing something?

already replaced the factory pitman end joint

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been on there for about 3 years with 35s and 37s. It's not gonna last forever.
I repacked it again and it's quiet for now.
Just wondering why they'd use a completely non replaceable/rebuildable joint.

Wish I had gone pp originally but I liked the extra cross brace on the tf kit.
If that joint is toast, I'll be cutting that extra tf brace back off and going poly.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I hear ya. I have the TF also and to be honest I never thought about it when I bought it. Now that you mention it, I'm sure I'll switch mine out later on also. It's a shame more of these parts are not rebuildable and only replaceable.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
The TF drag flipped drag link is a stock unit for right hand drive JKs. Same as what AEV sells. One of my fellow club members has gone through two of them. In both cases the top of the joint at the knuckle popped off. I have one on my JK as well, replaced a Poly drag link that was part of the Poly high steer kit. I liked the way the stock drag link adjusted better than the PITA Poly setup, plus it gives a bit more clearance at the frame when the suspension is fully compressed on the passenger side. First thing that happened was that the boot on the knuckle side joint tore. Not a replacement part so I replaced it with a parts store item, worked out fine. I then noticed last time I lubed it that grease was starting to come out the top of the joint through a crack in the cap. This is the same issue my homeboy experinced, so I'm probably looking at tossing it in the bin and putting the Poly unit back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.