JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the Teraflex Axle Sleeve and Gusset Kit? Anyone running them? Im about to order them but I just have a concern. With the gusset, theres is alot different than poly's and ORE. It only braces the upper C. Any thoughts/ideas??

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I would go with the Poly performance gussets. You get the uppers and lowers, they fit perfectly, thick plate, pretty cheap for what you get (and what they are meant to do), and install is relatively quick and simple.

Not saying anything bad about the Teraflex gussets........just that you will be VERY pleased with the Poly gussets.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
What do you guys think of the Teraflex Axle Sleeve and Gusset Kit? Anyone running them? Im about to order them but I just have a concern. With the gusset, theres is alot different than poly's and ORE. It only braces the upper C. Any thoughts/ideas??

I had them installed on mine and they're fine, work as advertised. The lower part of the inner "C" really doesn't need the reinforcement, it's the top that Jeep screwed up on. All that being said, Poly's total package of re-tube, sleeve, gusset, truss is a more robust solution.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main reason I wanted to got with Teraflex is because I can get it at cost (ive got a wholesale account thru transamerica). Poly makes great stuff, I will say that. I'm just interested in what everyone thinks about only gusseting the upper C.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
You'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I just got these upper C gussets welded on today. They are very stout at 1/2" thick, easily the toughest piece of metal on my JK. The techs didn't have time to do the inner sleeves so I'm going to get that done on another date.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to hear! I installed mine last week. No complaints here and you can't beat the price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts