JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the TeraFlex 3rd row seat bracket and put the seat in this week. Sorry, didn't take many pics but I like the outcome.

Something I didn't like was the kit came with nutserts. Drill a hole in the floor sheet metal and these things are supposed to hold? I didn't want to go that route, so I bolted it in. It was harder to do it this way as it requires moving some things to get the nuts on, and it requires 2 people to do it. Lucky for me my wife is a good sport.

I put it in forward facing 1st, and realized that you can't pit the soft top down. Reasonable leg room for kids (I wouldn't want to sit back there). I then turned it around rear facing and I can get the top down now, but leg room is even less. My 2 seven year olds don't seem to mind and think it's pretty cool!

I used ambulance stretcher belts for seat belts, and anchored them to the seat frame.

Overall my impression is mixed. I like that I can take all my kids with me. It looks factory. However, there is no room for all our gear, or anything else for that matter. I will have to figure something out for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another...

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fold and tumble.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear facing with the top down.

Downside... Can't sit there with the top down.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I am bringing this back up and like the idea of the ambulance belts for seat belts! can you advise me of where i might find some of the belts? also do you have more pictures of where you mounted them and so on? also the stock clasp for the stock seatbelt in the seat, did you remove it? or use it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
seat belts

I too need advice on seat belts... I want to install the 3rd row but am wondering about seat belts.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
hey OP how are your lap belts holding down?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
TX they are ambulance belts he said...

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
what size bolts did you use instead of the nutserts?
I used the same bolts but bought lock washers and nuts for them! Now with my knowledge of nutserts and having the right tool I would've done the nutserts... They were a pain to bolt on unless you have a body lift of can make room to out your fingers through the frame and wires.

Sent from my iPhone 5!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353849127.177494.jpg

This is me and my buddy. I am 6'2" 290 and he is 6' 270 and we fit with the second row up! Everyone says it is snug, but if we can fit then anyone can fit

Sent from my iPhone 5!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used the same bolts but bought lock washers and nuts for them! Now with my knowledge of nutserts and having the right tool I would've done the nutserts... They were a pain to bolt on unless you have a body lift of can make room to out your fingers through the frame and wires.

Sent from my iPhone 5!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tera flex bracket for jk seat

Does any one know the dementions on the teraflex brackets to fit a rear seat from a 2 door into 4 door as a third row. I want to make them my self

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like someone in the back of a 2 door would suffer the same fate, so don't let them sit in the back of your 2 doors!!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If that was a 2 door the rear tire would not have impeded on the area of the passenger seat. Plus the rear seat in the 2 door is anchored a lot better than bolting through the sheet metal for the third row and using non DOT compliant seat belts. if it was a safe idea Jeep would sell it that way. Seating for 7 would be a great selling point, don't you think? But it's not safe enough for Jeep to pass crash tests in that configuration. I'm really surprised any company is willing to step up and offer a product for this conversion. The liability is far to great to outweigh the profits on selling this in my opinion. One kid dying in a seat that was converted by a companies kit would bankrupt the company.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts