JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Teraflex BBK installed and the pedal feels soft. Brakes work great but have to press the brake pedal farther than before. Is this normal or do the brakes need to be bled properly?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you let the brake lines hang for a while while installing it's possible you got some air up in the ABS system. You'll need to take it to a dealer or knowledgable shop to get the ABS system properly bled. They have to open and close different valves and stuff to flush all of the air out. A regular bleed won't get all of the air out if this is the problem.

·
Registered
527 Posts
There could be air bubbles that need to be dislodged in the ABS system. A way that sometimes works for a home mechanic is to rapidly pump the brakes while driving the Jeep down the road. You can also slam on the brakes a few times and it will dislodge air bubbles

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
If you just install the Teraflex BBK with the dual piston calipers there will be more pedal travel. Add the Mopar BBK master/booster to eliminate the mush.

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,230 Posts
I highly doubt you need to perform an ABS bleed. Once your pads have been broken in, you can go fart around on a gravel driveway and activate ABS a few times to do a po man's bleed.

Last time I let my brake lines hang over night, I had to pass an entire bottle of brake fluid thru my bug sprayer to get all the bubbles out.

EDIT: Did not see the illustrious AZ Scooter's reply. He's right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts