JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my funny sounding Pacific neighbors, :grinpimp:

Do you fellas have any home grown tents which compare to say the likes of the OzTent models or Blackwolf Turbo series?

I know you get imported Oztents (which are $200 cheaper across the range than what they sell them to us here for :shaking: ) so looking for some other options if they exit.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I've got one of these Sierra designs mofos: best tent ever!!

http://www.sierradesigns.com/p-147-mountain-meteor-2.aspx

Well its an older one... Had it for maybe 10yrs. Probably spent near 400 nights in it. Replaced the zippers, but other than that still like new.
Shit I didn't think it was that expensive. I guess pro-deals and college "work-study" money well spent :lol:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
We have a Cabela's cabin tent for when the wife goes camping with me and we don't feel like dragging our camper along:

I also have my MSR Fling backpacking tent:

I don't really care for the entry on the MSR so I've got my eye on this Marmot Haven:

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Usually this one.... :grinpimp:

But sometimes this one...

It is one of the 8 person (small, small people) dome jobbers out of Cabelas - very nice and relatively easy to put up. I have a small Mountain Hardware that I use when it is just me. Super fast setup and secure enough for a damn hurricane.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For a backpacking tent i bought the Nemo Morpho when it came out. Only a 2 person tent but larger inside than my 3 peson Kelty Orb tent i sold to get the Nemo. Super light weight, and there are no tent poles. The poles are 2 "tubes" that you blow up with this tiny foot pump. Awesome tent for the money. Only 1 ply wall but is super breathable and I have personally used this tent in the rain and crazy wind on the texas beaches in the summer and it holds up just fine. And if the air bladers pop it is easily repaired, but they are really burly. If you get the footprint and pawprint for it too this thing will last forever. Just my 0.02c.

http://www.nemoequipment.com/nemo2010-morpho2p-tent

YouTube - Nemo Morpho AR

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have come to the conclusion that cheap = shit.

You pay for quality with these things and also quality is a good thing when it comes to something you have to be comfortable sleeping in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Got this one back when i worked at Jeep.

Its bigger than I need but really nice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Here's mine. the green one. It's a Gander MTN. Just my basic tent when it's just me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is what my campsite looks like when I'm packing heavy.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
i have a mountain hardware "room with a view"

i bought it because the whole top above you is mesh, and then there's a clear plastic window in the fly so you can look at the stars at night. you can also roll up sections of the rain fly when you need to. i really like it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
would like to see some more tents, need to know what i should be expecting to buy for when i go out to moab for ejs 2011 with the wife. i want a small tent that wont be a freaking hassle setting up, but she wants one with a little more space so she can change inside the tent. ne ideas???? :beer:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
1 - 20 of 127 Posts