JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I tell the Jeep I'm now running 35's instead of the factory wheels so the speedometer is accurate?

Also ... how do I disable the "low tire pressure" warning light/beep thing since I also put on new rims?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
There are a ton of ways, searching will be most fruitfull. I used the ProCal programmer.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Well did you not put get your tire sensors swapped from the factory rims to the aftermarket rims? If not, you need a tuner.

To adjust the speedo you can pay the dealership to do it, or get a tuner...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Candle-light dinner, maybe some soft music......rub her on her hood, and just whisper to her "Hey baby, get ready for some bigger meat."

Just be gentle about it. :)

AEV- ProCal. About $130

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Superchips would be another option, recal speedo, shut off tpms, and get a little more power

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Candle-light dinner, maybe some soft music......rub her on her hood, and just whisper to her "Hey baby, get ready for some bigger meat."

Just be gentle about it. :)

AEV- ProCal. About $130
Fuck it, she is a Jeep. She is tough. Just ram the meat in the wheel well and tell her to suck it up! Pain is good. She a big girl. She can handle it!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I wonder what the regearing feature actually does since the speedo takes its reading from the tone rings i.e. only tire size is needed for the correct calculation.
Letting the JK know about gear differences is important to the auto guys. It gets the shift points back wo where they are suposta be.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Letting the JK know about gear differences is important to the auto guys. It gets the shift points back wo where they are suposta be.
Interesting. The DiabloSport Predator doesnt have the ability to change gear ratio, only tire size. They said this is because everything is keyed off the tone rings at the wheel so that makes me wonder....

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Interesting. The DiabloSport Predator doesnt have the ability to change gear ratio, only tire size. They said this is because everything is keyed off the tone rings at the wheel so that makes me wonder....
Also with the DiabloSport Trinity.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Maverick,

You have become pretty close with DiabloSport by now :) Maybe you could get them to chime in on Tex's comment about shift points.
I don't know that 'close' would be an appropriate reference. I need to did in the Trinity manual. Just going through the screens it seems I'm able to alter shift "up" points, but I'm not sure about "down" shifting. Mike would have to clarify.

·
Vendor
75 Posts
Exactly, it's not that the tool cannot adjust, it's that it does not have to. The speedometer reading is taken (like you said) at the tone ring on the wheel after the differential in the axle, not before (on the tailshaft of the transmission as it was on the earlier Wranglers) so you only have to adjust the speedometer when changing the tires to a non-stock diameter.

As far as the shift points and low tire pressure threshold are concerned, I'll modify what I posted in another thread as it pertains to this one:

The Trinity is akin to having 40-50 Predator part numbers in one device. When you enter the vehicle's information it essentially configures the Trinity's tuning functions into the appropriate Predator part number. In this case, a U7137 that can be viewed here:
U7137 Products Page
After you enter your vehicle's information under CHANGE VEHICLE TYPE, it will then reset itself, formatted to tune a vehicle as if it were a U7137. Both the low tire pressure threshold and shift points can be modified on a JK with a Trinity or Predator.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did a regar to 4.88 and I have the Superchips, also did 35 inch tires that measured 34.25 from the ground to the top of my tire I reprogrammed my tire size and gear ratio and my speedo is dead on, I tracked it with my gps this morning.

·
Vendor
75 Posts
I did a regar to 4.88 and I have the Superchips, also did 35 inch tires that measured 34.25 from the ground to the top of my tire I reprogrammed my tire size and gear ratio and my speedo is dead on, I tracked it with my gps this morning.
Yep, measured height is the best way to do it. Tires are like shoes: a size 12 Nike often isn't going to fit the same as a size 12 Converse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts