Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My RIG

07 JK 4 door unlimited X
6 in skyjacker long arm and kept the 2 in spacers on it
37 x 12.50 r17 hankook MT's

questions:
Is the rear drive shaft cool to leave stock?
I need to know what to ask for in upgrading my front drive shaft or is there a complete kit I can buy?

I also would like to upgrade the rear axle shafts...is it 32 spline or 30 kit I should buy. I'm trying to order all of this today and I'm stumped a little....?

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so far so good on the lift I'm still breaking it in though..... it's been about a week and as long as I don't take it off road there are no issues. but I understand that the joints will wear as time goes on if I don't upgrade the shafts.... plus I wheel the he!! out of my jeep so I'm dieing to get it back on the trail.....thanks for the link..!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Your rear factory drive shaft will be fine, certainly for a while, just make sure you have the pinion angle dialed in.

You will get varying use out of the front factory one, some people seem to do better than others. In any event it will need replacing at some point, either due to wear or it simply failing. As you wheel quite a bit I would replace the front one sooner rather than later.

You can go with a 1350 for extra strength, but I personally think the 1310 is a better choice and better value. Either a Tom Woods or JE Reel CV. Both are good, Tom Woods seem to be more popular and are a little more custom as they use the exact lengths.

The odds are that you going to have to sacrifice quite a bit of caster in order to get it to run smooth, so spend some time to dial it in as best you can.

http://www.trailduty.com/temp/pinion_angle.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts