JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a pretty good tax return this year (half goes to the ex don't ask) and I am thinking of what to get for the jk I have a lift and some 35s now thats it. I think my best buys would be a winch and a rear ARB locker. I know its good to go in all at once and do the gears and all but the return just isn't that good. Any thoughts?

If I did get thoes items I would need help installing the ARB locker as I don't have the tools or know how. But I am willing to help with projects you have around the house or pay for the work. All I ask is that Im there during the install. I want to learn.

Im in South East Wa

·
Registered
793 Posts
What are some things you need?

I bought:

Front/Rear ARB lockers
5.13s
sleeves/gussets
rear trackbar
Backordered 35" MTR Kevlars :pissed:

Fedex should be showing up any minute with all the other goodies :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that I am really looking into the arb's I see that they go by gear ratio you either have 4:10s and lower or 4:56 and higher options. :pissed: I guess I will buy the winch and wait a while before doing the locker as I do not want to keep my stock ratios and would like 5:13's when the funds are availible.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
yeah it would be better to wait then.
armor? you can never go wrong with that!
if you wheel with buddies who have winches or good tow ropes you could even hold off on the winch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I found a set of 5:13's with install kits for 525.00 and an E-locker for 700.00 So I suppose I might as well do it. Now to find some help with the install......

Savage:
I don't really have anybody to wheel with. I have a couple buddies with some old strait axle toys but they are always down. I don't know many wheelers around here.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i hear ya man, not alot of people to wheel with here either.
Im going to learn how to do the gear installs (im in auto tech college) so ill know how to do my own anyhow. there have been a few guys on here post some great deals on winches so maybe you wont have to save as long for one.
good luck with the locker install! sorry im not more help.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i hear ya man, not alot of people to wheel with here either.
Im going to learn how to do the gear installs (im in auto tech college)
If it is like our's here.. You can sign out the tools or ask if you use your car as a teaching tool on how to regear vehicles... :smokin::beer:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
If it is like our's here.. You can sign out the tools or ask if you use your car as a teaching tool on how to regear vehicles... :smokin::beer:
It is just like that! ive done a few things on my truck but i have to drive it every day so cant afford the downtime. We have been working on manual transmissions and drivelines. Ive been stuck on this ford ranger that started as a clutch job but turned into brakes, shocks, new mounts for shocks, wheel cylinders etc. I think we've got a dana 44 front axle im going to snag and do some gears on if we can get this ranger done...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I've recently found out that protecting myself is more important than the snazzy stuff. I opted for a OR-Fab sport cage with my tax return money. Seeing a hard roll sure lit the fire on my ass to order one. Not a week after I decided which cage, and ordered it.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Paying off the Credit Card for all the goodies i bought months ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts