JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found a source for the tape Chrysler uses to tape the ends of the underhood electical loom? Help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Electrical Tape?
:laughing:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Electrical Tape?
:laughing:
I know a lot of electrical tape doesn't hold up to underhood life. gets all gooey and nasty, sucks to work on after a bit. Unfortunately i can't remember which ones do hold up. I'm sure someone on here knows though

·
Registered
564 Posts
3M electrical tape is God's gift to all those who must deal with wires and all things electrical.

Yeah its the best tape I have found and I've used it several times under the hood installing car stereos and never had a problem

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
3M electrical tape is God's gift to all those who must deal with wires and all things electrical.

Yeah its the best tape I have found and I've used it several times under the hood installing car stereos and never had a problem
^^^^this. I used electrical tape for years and the only tape i used was 3M super 33. 3M might have even better out now, its been a few years (@ least 10) since i used tape regularly, but still have a few rolls i use now and again and the rolls are still like new.

Sent from Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I will look harder at the 3M (super 33 I think). I was really hoping to find the factory tape, I can not find anything even similar to it. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I try to stay away from tape and use heat shrink tubes when and where I can.

If I have to use tape I have been using 3M brand also with little trouble.
X2...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sorry to be a dick about this, but I am familiar with 3M tape & heat shrink. Both of which I prefer not to use.

If you can't answer the original question ......

>> Has anybody found a source for the tape Chrysler uses to tape the ends of the underhood electrical loom? <<

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
ACE Hardware
It's called friction tape.
I use it on my M/C builds and Hot Rods.

·
Registered
126 Posts
^^^^this. I used electrical tape for years and the only tape i used was 3M super 33. 3M might have even better out now, its been a few years (@ least 10) since i used tape regularly, but still have a few rolls i use now and again and the rolls are still like new.

Sent from Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk
3M super 88. It's just thicker and heavier.

I was really hoping to find the factory tape, I can not find anything even similar to it. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place.
I would be willing to bet that you can find an "over the counter" tape that is just as good, if not beter, than whatever Christler uses. 3M makes a cloth tap too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts