JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering how much my back suffers now from ice hockey and a boat davit falling on my back a long time ago, I really can't lift tires like used to. Good thing we have this setup at out plant. It lifts the tire and the tire is able to rotate on the rollers to line up the lug nuts. I can't lift these new 37" Trail Grapplers by myself. I need one for the house now. A good tool to have next to the jack.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Looks cool, I put one knee down and lift the tire with my foot. Helps to line up the lugs and have it just jacked up enough to get the tire on. Works pretty well for me, I don't end up lifting much of anything.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks cool, I put one knee down and lift the tire with my foot. Helps to line up the lugs and have it just jacked up enough to get the tire on. Works pretty well for me, I don't end up lifting much of anything.
Yeah, I used to do that with my race car wheels. Then again they were pretty light. These things weigh a ton and I am not getting any younger!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I sit on my ass and use my feet to line the wheel up to the lugs... Works pretty well.
i sit down as well, but i use both my legs under the tire and lift.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
If the tire is just slightly of the ground a very large screwdriver works well to line up and lift the tire. If you don't have that type of screwdriver a pry bar like this works well. Tip: Put the transfer case in 4wd and the front wheel hub won't turn on you.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

The black handled one furthest to the left is my lift it bar. My swaybar links go in real easy with this lever also. I too sit and use my feet when my toes aren't broken. (4 weeks ago now)

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Yeah, I used to do that with my race car wheels. Then again they were pretty light. These things weigh a ton and I am not getting any younger!
I'm young but at 140 pounds these wheels can weigh as much as I do lol. It's a pretty efficient process for me.

Sent via paper airplane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.