JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to wire up amber turn signals to the rear tail lights? I'm about to move to Japan and I need to have red brake lights, amber turn signals and white reverse lights.

I'm kind of an electrical retard so I don't really know where to begin. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
143 Posts
You could start with something like this, that converts your stop/turn to separate stop lights and turn lights. Then it's just a matter of adding the yellow lights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could start with something like this, that converts your stop/turn to separate stop lights and turn lights. Then it's just a matter of adding the yellow lights.
This might be a good option. I was thinking about adding an amber LED turn signal to the tail light housing and running the blinker wiring through a relay to "hopefully" avoid the fast flash. I'm just not sure if it will work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The mounting of the light and eliminating the fast flash should be pretty straight forward. The trick is going to be getting the yellow turn signals not to illuminate when you apply the brakes. Since our JKs share a common brake/turn signal, you'll need something like that trailer wiring controller, if you plan to do this yourself. Just make sure that whatever lights you choose meet Japanese standards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know you probably registered your Jeep already. But how did you wire the amber tail lights into the JK? I'm going thru the process right now. Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Light Conversion

I'm in the UK and dealing with the same restrictions. Apparently here in England, you don't need reverse lights… My reverse have become my amber turns. My conversion was done back in 2010, if I had to do it over again, I would use amber LED lights for my turns. Check Oznium for options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts