JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those not going on the Crown King run, feel free to join us at Table Mesa this Sunday. Airdown is at 7am.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd be in if I did not already commit to go on a ride with my pops to Payson. Need to balance Motorcycles and Jeeps, lately it’s been wheeling 95%, riding 5%.

Dave and I will be out at Lower Sycamore on Saturday, probably going to run squeeze depending on how washed out the entrance is. We were planning on meeting up at the QT on Ellsworth and University at 7am; it is about 15 min from the trail.

BTW – As we speak Joe and the boys at Absolute are putting my RK 3.5” on. Couldn’t sleep last night I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'd be in if I did not already commit to go on a ride with my pops to Payson. Need to balance Motorcycles and Jeeps, lately it’s been wheeling 95%, riding 5%.

Dave and I will be out at Lower Sycamore on Saturday, probably going to run squeeze depending on how washed out the entrance is. We were planning on meeting up at the QT on Ellsworth and University at 7am; it is about 15 min from the trail.

BTW – As we speak Joe and the boys at Absolute are putting my RK 3.5” on. Couldn’t sleep last night I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Man that lift is sweet, and Joe is Da Man. I cant wait to see you in action with it!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I seen weather reports for 115 this weekend.............you guys are nutz.
Its Arizona, thats nothin new to us. :)

Chris, what 3.5" RK kit did you get?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I seen weather reports for 115 this weekend.............you guys are nutz.
That is exactly what is holding me back.

Pool/Margarita/chick in bikini vs. wheeling/sweating, overheating???

And I am way too much of a ***** to get up at 4am to wheel when its only in the 90s!

·
Registered
163 Posts
That is exactly what is holding me back.

Pool/Margarita/chick in bikini vs. wheeling/sweating, overheating???

And I am way too much of a ***** to get up at 4am to wheel when its only in the 90s!
You forgot the hornets...I'll be at airdown @ 7, but no one said anything about being up. Then headin' to hidX's crib to check out that Margarita chick in a bikini.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
163 Posts
We're doing a night run Saturday night, we wheeled last Sunday and it was 108 when we got back to pavement.....115 is nutz, I'll say it again.......you guys ever come out to FJ let me know........:)
Only got out to FJ once, Upper Woodpecker. Was fun but want to give Ajax a shot. Heard Lower is easier than Upper, also have heard that Elvis is a fun trail. Not sure me or Jeep are ready for that one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only got out to FJ once, Upper Woodpecker. Was fun but want to give Ajax a shot. Heard Lower is easier than Upper, also have heard that Elvis is a fun trail. Not sure me or Jeep are ready for that one.

Upper Woody is fun, lower Ajax is lame, but there are a couple of obstacles I'll hit just off the road if I'm running other trails in the area. Upper Ajax is a bit harder, your big azz school bus might end up leaving some paint as it's tight in a few sections, but Elvis would be perfect for you/your rig :beer:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Upper Woody is fun, lower Ajax is lame, but there are a couple of obstacles I'll hit just off the road if I'm running other trails in the area. Upper Ajax is a bit harder, your big azz school bus might end up leaving some paint as it's tight in a few sections, but Elvis would be perfect for you/your rig :beer:
Ya I keep hearing that the Un(limo)ted's abundant wheelbase is better for climbing. I was at Moab last month and the longer wheelbase was nice on Fins & Things. Only trail I got to run, due to technical difficulties.

Elvis is definitely on my "to do" list. Just hope they don't get any ideas about closing it down before I shag my arse down there.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Where you guys wheeling sat night? I might be downfor a night run. I work sat during the day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its Arizona, thats nothin new to us. :)

Chris, what 3.5" RK kit did you get?
The Draw run got me wanting a lift bad so I went with the 3.5" mid arm.

New Coils, Shocks, endlinks, lowers, front trac and rear bracket, brake lines, etc

I love it just need new boots now. :mr-t:

Jason - Joe and Ryan were talking about how my undercarriage is the worst they have seen as far as scraping and dents and I said that is because they haven't seen yours yet. :trooper: Although either have I, just imagining based on what you told me you did stock and comparing to mine. :)

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
When I drunk in CK and its nice and cool, I will be thinking of you guys runnin TM! LOL....maybe I'm getting older but its too hot to wheel down here in the summer....night runs I can do just a bit burnt on them right now.

Jason

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I posted this in our BS section but here it is again. Thanks Cameron and Jan for coming and wheeling like pros. These runs never cease to impress me. And after today, I am concidering quiting my job and bein a permanant jeep spotter... haha You think that would fly with christy? :smokin: http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=93537

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Jason - Joe and Ryan were talking about how my undercarriage is the worst they have seen as far as scraping and dents and I said that is because they haven't seen yours yet. :trooper: Although either have I, just imagining based on what you told me you did stock and comparing to mine. :)
I just looked at yours.
Your skids look new compaired to mine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts