JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through vender, searched through website. Anyone replace traditional winch cable with synthetic? Recommendations? Things to avoid? Vender deals?
Thanks..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That I can?t guarantee. Hell.. traditional summer is 100+ even before the drum. Any superwinchers have a heat issue?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I have a Ramsey Patriot 9500 UT. When it was new, I pulled the cable and replaced it with a Viking synthetic line with a thimble on it. Easy and no issues. Sold off the unused cable and electronic RF remote to pay for the synthetic line.

I have since performed numerous winchings of other vehicles - never my own unless you count the time I winched my E46 back up the driveway after a failed bump start with dead battery.

My favorite winching was bringing a Ford Exploder up the stairs at Slick Rock. All I got for that was two friggen budwisers but the experience and the video I shot are worth way more.

More recently, I carefully unstitched the Viking thimble and picked up a Factor55 FlatLink, synthetic rope spool and a Fast Fid.

Going together was just like the Factor55 video on the fast fid. I have yet to perform a winching with the new setup but the fast fid is always in the glovebox now in case of a break. Great tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts