JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to do BJs on the ride and also had a torn boot on my 1yo synergy rod end. Just chalked it up to being a little rough at install or something. However when popping on the new $5 bootie I discover a fn zerk fitting inside when I got the torn boot off.

Now I know how it bit the dust. And wtf-lol

At least caught some warmish weather to get the front end squared away again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Son was a huge help/he is one of a select few I will allow to work on my junk

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
yummmm zerk nom nom nom.
My $ynergy TRE's have lost their zerks too. I have some wild-ass black helicopter theories why but as a mod I must remain impartial.
If you're running the older flaccid tie rod, @j3ff3ry_j33p has a neat little mod where he popped Currie polyurethane boots atop the $greasy ones. It helps keep them from slipping off and helps with the floppiness

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yummmm zerk nom nom nom.
My $ynergy TRE's have lost their zerks too. I have some wild-ass black helicopter theories why but as a mod I must remain impartial.
If you're running the older flaccid tie rod, @j3ff3ry_j33p has a neat little mod where he popped Currie polyurethane boots atop the $greasy ones. It helps keep them from slipping off and helps with the floppiness
It was imbedded in the joint grease and is one of their single plane ends that rid me of the flop. Have one at the pitman and one at the knuckle/tie rod end passenger side. It still had the zerk I installed and was pumping with grease until I got around to slapping on the new boot.

Late Firday or early Monday special

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
yummmm zerk nom nom nom.
@snout does not lie! YOu put some Energy or Currie silicone dust caps from their TREs over top of the old Synergy ones and it adds firmness and retains that grease cap about 99.5% of the time. I have only had it fail from some stick jamming into it and tearing the outter but the Synergy under it held.

try that shit; it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts