JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hop on over to the welcome room first man.

As far as tie rods go, you'll find people on both sides, I personally run a Synergy Drag Link and a RPM Fab aluminum tie rod and it's great. Rammed into rocks and whatnot and always comes out straight. I also know that the Synergy tie rod is great as well, you wont be disappointed with either. The aluminum vs chromoly debate has been discussed at length in this forum, try searching for it.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Been running the Synergy tie rod with their TREs for 6 years, and their older drag link with GM & Moog TREs since '09 and zero issues. Can't miss with either or both.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I run the synergy tie rod and drag link, both quality products. The Barnes 7075 ALUMINUM tie rod has that cool bendy-bend back to normal thing.:koolaid: I think they call it elastic properties??? I don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
If you get the synergy tie rod, order the cure boots because my tie rod is drooping without them.

somewhere back w/in the past years comments on this forum you'll find me mention / reference a specific "re-purposing"of another vendors caps , which -combined w/an acceptable misalignment via the TRE jam nuts - yields complete correction for droop of both Synergy Mfg.'s tie-rod &draglink. I have run Currie's polyurethane covers over the prone-to-tear, older-type covers and recently just run the Currie's right in place on the Synergy links.
I over grease so as long as you purge them frequently, they do not permit more contaminants than do the belted Synergy caps but limit roll very effectively , even just one on the tierod helps immensely.

I've had friends & heard how effective the Cure caps can be for when the droop is forced or as a result of an assist ram causing it but iirc,the movement within the ball joints is important for ensuring bind-free travel on SS setups and those or the hard misalignment prevention caps Synergy has are not recommended without hydraulic assisted...

:jeep2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I opted for the Barnes Aluminum 1 ton setup, at $399 it's probably the best value on the market. I never heard anything bad about the Synergy tie rod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts