JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at doing a synergy front/rear cage sometime through out 2015 on my 2 door. Curious if anyone knows if the factory soft top will work with this cage? Ive read the trektop wont because the cross bar between to factory rear bars, and it looks like with the added in diagonal bars from the b pillar to the rear factory bars...the factory soft top hardware might get in the way. Any input?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
The factory soft top will work with the Synergy cage but not perfectly.

It's the clamping at the windshield.

The issue that comes up is that the soft top clamp handles(made up word, not sure what it is really called) can't fully extend back, the header bar gets in the way. This means that the clamp itself can't completely extend to hook into the footman loops on the windshield.

Undoing the top is not a problem, the clamps pop out ok.

Putting the top back up is a process. What I do is loosen the screws on the footman loops, then have someone push down from the outside of the top, right at the hooks locations. This allows the hooks to pop in. Then I tighten the screws back up and clamp the handles down.

To me, the positives of the cage FAR out weigh this issue.

I have no issues with anything near the B pillar but mines a 4 door. No diagonal bar

·
Registered
339 Posts
Too bad they didn't design the top bar above the windshield a few inches back to clear the soft top handles.

My top goes on and off probably 3-4 times a week in the summer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the clamps. Id hate to spend the time installing the cage just to find out id need to rock a blue tarp.

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
TCdawg nailed it. It takes a little force but my soft top goes on fine. I'd prefer, for structural reasons, that the header cross bar be as close to the windshield as possible.

Hard tops will work too if you keep the factory B (and C on a 4door) pillar cross bars.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries on a hardtop, i only have the factory soft top. Anybody running this on a 2 door that can comment on the factory top hardware clearance?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
No worries on a hardtop, i only have the factory soft top. Anybody running this on a 2 door that can comment on the factory top hardware clearance?

Couple Texas boys are I know. Hopefully they will chime in

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May have opened my big pie hole too soon. Now that i look i see mr jkred07 is rocking a 2 door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts