JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good SYE for a 2007 2 door. I like the RE SYE, but i'm told it's not available yet. Any suggestions or alternatives? Is a SYE really needed for a 3.5" RE suspension lift? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
774 Posts
There is no slip yoke, what are you going to eliminate????

·
Registered
209 Posts
Are you looking to upgrade the rear driveshaft?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking for a good SYE for a 2007 2 door. I like the RE SYE, but i'm told it's not available yet. Any suggestions or alternatives? Is a SYE really needed for a 3.5" RE suspension lift? Thanks for the feedback!
As said before, the JK does not utilize a SYE. RE does have CV driveshafts and adapter yokes that have been available for over a year now.

RE reconmends front and rear driveshafts with adapters on 2dr JK's with 3.5" or more lift.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, looking to upgrade my rear drive shaft. I had a SYE on my TJ, so i just assumed i needed one on my JK. Yes, i know what happens when i "ass-u-me"...

Anyone make a good aftermarket drive shaft other than RE?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I've been running JE Reel 1310OE drive shafts for a year and had no problems at all. I went with the OE ones (stock flanges) so I could carry the factory shafts as spares.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 1310 looks good, thanks for the suggestions.

My 35" BFG KM2's were delivered yesterday, can't wait to put them on the rig!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
My 35" BFG KM2's were delivered yesterday, can't wait to put them on the rig!
You'll love them, I've had some 37" KM2's on for a few weeks, and really like their good on-road manners and I'm looking forward to giving them a good workout off-road later this month.

·
Registered
777 Posts
overkill???

why is it overkill, i had 1330's on my YJ and i was breaking them left and right,

i'd rather have a driveshaft that will not break versus one that will

1350's are stronger then 1310's i think everyone will agree on that, if i am spending 1000 on driveshafts and the 1310 and the 1350 cost the same, why would you not go for the strongest one???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts