JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thats a nice meter and will work fine. Radio shack also has a meter that works great.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just picked up one from a local Radio Shack and it has worked fine.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Got mine at the Shack too. Does the job.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If you ever come up to Jersey, stop by the TA Truck stop in Paulsboro off 295. look in the shopping center to the left and youll see a shop called "Radio Ready". Go in and ask for 727. he can set and tune any antenna more acuratly than a swr meter. It is all done by computer and you can actually see the swr waves and signals and tell you exactly where your antenna should be. He can even tell you what channel is best. Best Channel should always be between 18-22. That way you are centered on the entire band. You may even hear him in MD. He goes by 727 and i have seen him talk crazy distances. But every antenna he does is computer tuned alone. Then adjusts the radio. By far the best shop in the northeast. And i have been through some shops in my travels.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have a radio shack meter and think it is great. It gives the same reading as the $200 units, so thats accurate enough for me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a astatic SWR meter from radio shack and it absolutely sucks. I kept getting readings in the red and or 3. Even after changing all of the coax and mount and antenna and making sure it was grounded really well. So I took it to a shop and they said my SWR was 1.3. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I got the astatc SWR meter and it was very easy to use. If you spend more than $20 on one, thats too much. Took me a while to get my antenna tuned correctly, but once it was dialed in, its been working great ever since. My tip is unscrewed almost 3/4 of an inch to an inch. It got to the point where I thought the SWR wasn't working until I started unscrewing the tip almost all the way.

I think I got mine for $15 of eBay. The one you picked should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts