JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add some lights to my 2012 jk, and was wondering what is the best switch panel/wiring solution. I have looked at the sPod and it looks pretty nice though pricey. Is this the best solution? What would the wiring entail if I went with the sPod? Are there any other comparable or better options? I am only planning on adding windshield lights at the moment though will probably add more components in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
The sPod is definitely worth it if you're going to add several parts that need switches. Just keep the engine compartment cleaner and everything is organized.

Not really necessary if you're just going to run some lights.

Decide what all you're going to run and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats the thing, I know I want some extra lights right now, but I'm not sure what else I may want to add in the future. If I decided just to do the lights right now and not get the sPod what wiring would that require?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would say it depends on how comfortable you are with wiring.

The sPod is a really nice complete switch/relay setup that basically allows you to connect the power and ground from your accessory (lights, compressor, CB, etc.) directly to it without hooking each of them up to a relay and running it to the battery. The sPod is also completely independent from the Jeep factory wiring. John the sPod guy is super helpful and has helped a ton of people on here with various installations.

It allows for a really nice clean setup if you are adding multiple accessories. That said, with some planning and a little time, you can build one yourself too. Also, many accessories these days seem to be delivered with relays already wired in, so for a single set of lights, it might be easier to just wire them up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like a very stock look on the inside of my jeep, so I modified the factory dash panel knock out plates to use mini momentary switches, and latching relays. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts