JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering putting a Daystar rocker switch in my A-Pillar (similar to the picture below) for a lightbar I just bought. I don't want to buy that replacement A-Pillar trim panel. I just want to install the switch in the existing panel.

I quickly looked at the panel and I'm sure there are some clips holding it on. Before I go full silverback on it, is there a certain direction I need to pull or some clips I can push on with a screwdriver so I don't destroy it? I have a 2012.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm considering putting a Daystar rocker switch in my A-Pillar (similar to the picture below) for a lightbar I just bought. I don't want to buy that replacement A-Pillar trim panel. I just want to install the switch in the existing panel.

I quickly looked at the panel and I'm sure there are some clips holding it on. Before I go full silverback on it, is there a certain direction I need to pull or some clips I can push on with a screwdriver so I don't destroy it? I have a 2012.
Remove the left sun visor. Remove the two screws on the top of the a-pillar. The bottom screw will probably get destroyed taking it out.
Take off the top portion.
Pull the bottom portion straight out. It's held in with 2 clips.
This is for a '11-'12 JK.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is there going to be enough room behind the A pillar molding? Those are pretty deep switches.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there going to be enough room behind the A pillar molding? Those are pretty deep switches.
Good question. Anyone know?

That first picture in my post shows some different switches. I wonder if they're not as deep?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dont know but I just went ahead and spent the couple of bucks for the switch panel. The switches snap into place. Attached is a wiring example I used when wiring up my switches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts