JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks pretty good, but not quite a long enough bed. I like how simple it is and that it does not have a tire hanging off the side begging to be ripped off like the gladiator concept did. What would have been cool is to have the original JK designed around that platform with a detachable rear seat and freedom top over both sections. That way you get the best of both words. I suppose you can just fold down the rear seats and pop the back off and you get something similar though... I'm actually more anxious to see what Brad Kilby and MichaelW are coming up with. Brad has a little system on his car where he essentially took out the rear seat and threw down some metal plates over the gap to create one big flat trunk space. Michael as I understand it has plans to cut the trunk place up a little bit and include an integrated air tank where the little under floor pocket is. Maybe he will chime in with more details as his designs take shape!

-Living Still

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
One thing bothers me about the JT. There is not a good place for the spare.
I would imagine somebody would make a mount on the side of the bed. In betwen the rear fender and the door...if there is enough room? Actually, looks like that idea would stick out too far. maybe good for a small spare?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you actually buy one of those Jeep JT trucks, or is it a concept ?

Todd

·
Registered
41 Posts
The truck idea is fine. But, can you haul a 4x8 sheet of ply wood in the back...? Plus, it's too short to sleep in the back, and has not flip down tail gate.
The basic dimensions of the JK allow for a much wider rear gate opening - enough for a 48" piece of plywood. Darn it, I don't know why they decided to make the gate so narrow. I guess it was a styling thing. My old boxy Trooper was probably narrower than the JK overall, but had a huge gate opening that would allow a sheet of plywood to slide in flat - not at an angle. Of course, the back door would have to stay open since the sheet would stick out.

This sounds minor, but I sold my wife's Expedition to buy the JK. Now I miss the hauling capability of the Expedition.

·
Registered
202 Posts
...but I sold my wife's Expedition to buy the JK. Now I miss the hauling capability of the Expedition.
We traded my wife's Expy in on her own JK. 6 months later she still loved the Jeep but was missing all the room she had in the Expy. I ended up selling her JK and buying her a loaded up Chrysler Town & Country. She like the minivan better than any vehicle she has ever owned. I'll have to say it is very roomy and has lots of family friendly features in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts