JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 jk 4 door, with 35x12.50x17 and 3.25 rough country lift. When on the highway going about 70mph+ the car starts to sway. I was wondering if anyone had a solution on how to fix this? I thought about putting 1.5 spacers, but wasn't sure it would fix it. Please let me know thanks in advace.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
2012 jk 4 door, with 35x12.50x17 and 3.25 rough country lift. When on the highway going about 70mph+ the car starts to sway. I was wondering if anyone had a solution on how to fix this? I thought about putting 1.5 spacers, but wasn't sure it would fix it. Please let me know thanks in advace.
God has killed a kitten because of your "car" comment but thats ok because I am not fond of cats.

Have you done an alignment since the lift? Who did the install? Spacers wont do anything for you. Are you running Rough Country shocks?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Make sure your sway bars are level to the ground while the JEEP is parked on level ground. Then, make sure your front track bar and pitman arm are parallel. After that... Did you replace both track bars? Do you have track bar brackets?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Could also be axle misalignment if track bars are not set up properly.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I'm lost. How do you know the car is swaying if you're driving the Jeep? :D

I'll agree with the toe comment. Could be caster, too. If you have adjustable control arms see if you can tweak them a little depending on what your caster is now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.