JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my bumper and winch are sticking rather far from the front of my Jeep.
Looking to see how I could move it back to improve approach angle.
I want to keep my winch.
There isn't much room between the winch and sway bar as it sits.

Is there an alternate way to mount the sway bar? I could add 2x2" spacers to drop it down, but it may not be enough.

· Premium Member
3,218 Posts
You can cut a good 3 inches off your frame and run a different bumper or modify your existing bumper to mount to your cut frame.

One bumper that allows for this is the Poison Spyder BFH. No conflict with the swaybar with this bumper.

There is at least one other bumper that mounts to the cut frame but the name escapes me right now.

· Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Your sway bar is kinda stuck in that spot unless you go custom width (and rate due to that) to get it around the other crap in the way. The simplest is a new bumper.

Go pre-made like a BFH or custom like I did

· Registered
931 Posts
I am going back to a swaybar now, after riding without it since January 2011 in my DD. For a while I was logging 80 miles a day, with a XRC front and a winch. Even BEFORE spacers, I could take freeway on ramps at 65pmh on my Rubi BFGs.

My suspension was pretty stiff, so much so that I have worked hard to correct it, but none the less it has been my experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.